30 Bananas a Day!

Just wondering what you think is the best natural vegan sunscreen? I haven't worn sunscreen in years because I don't think its necessary but now that I have a 2 year old son who plays outside alot in the summer I am wanting something to use once in a while, preferably something I can put on my face that isn't too oily. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A diet of fresh fruits n veggies provides some good protection all on its own, by supplying your bod with what it needs to combat free radicals and develop healthier skin overall.  

But common sense is your best ally.  Avoid the hottest parts of the day, usually between 10-2, or later depending on where you live.

Wear long sleeve clothing and a big hat if necessary.  Play under a big sun shade.  Never get so much exposure that you would burn regardless of what you apply.

And actually applying a product to your skin would be a last resort if you and/or son absolutely have to be out in the rays.  You want your skin to breathe, and any such product will only occlude your pores.  There are supposedly "healthier" sunscreens out there on the market, but I don't know any specific brands.  

if you need sun protection, use organic coconut oil :)

:D

Thanks everyone. Living in Canada we get like 3-4 months of the year of nice weather so even though it's suggested to stay out of the sun in hot parts of the day it just doesn't happen. We are like little bugs flocking to the light as much as we can because we know winter is coming again HAHA!

Diet has helped my skin a ton but I do still burn if I'm out for extended periods of time. Thanks for the suggestions I appreciate it a ton :). I have been using coconut oil and I love it. I will prob try and find a vegan sunscreen on iherb or something for my 2 year old but also just cover his arms and head when he is out during the hottest times of the day.

Harley uses a special light white shirt with sleeves to protect him on the bike. Maybe that will be the best alternative.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Cédric replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
10 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"John Williams - Fed Lost Control of Financial System #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2P5nMeM"
10 hours ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a photo
Dec 4
Profile IconAnna Bostick and Angela Hogan joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Dec 3
Raini Pachak posted a discussion
Dec 3
Kelly's photo was featured
Nov 30
ednshell's photo was featured
Nov 27
Profile IconJust.Me, Malika and Phoebe joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 27
Justine Jolene and Kevin are now friends
Nov 27
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Nov 20
fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
Nov 17
fruity78 posted a discussion
Nov 17
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Nov 16
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Nov 16
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Nov 16

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service