30 Bananas a Day!

I've started on raw about a year ago.  I come to 30bad often but rarely post.  I thought these before and after pics might be interesting to some and maybe even inspire or motive some beginners. 

Views: 3038

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's awesome! You look amazing! What benefits have you experienced on the journey?

The greatest benefits really have to do with quality of life.  Before I started my journey I would get off work, go get fast food, and go home.  I would just sit around and watch television.  It's not that I didn't want to go out and do things, I just genuinely never felt like it.  I never had any energy.  Now I go for a long walk everyday and lift weights several times a week.  I have so much energy that its unreal.  

Also important to discuss is the fact that I was having occasional chest pains and I would wake up with numbness in my left arm from my shoulder all the way down to my fingers.  Honestly, I was very scared of what might happen to me if I continued down path that I was on.  This way of eating really did save my life.

Thanks for the kind words!

Craig

Whoa dude

my thoughts too 

Just incredible! How much weight have you lost in that year?

110 lbs.

By the way the before pic is 307lbs and the after is 197lbs.

Great stuff Craig. You look loads younger.

Did you go raw straight off or did it take a few months to get there? Did you go down the high calorie eat as much as you like route?

Thank you Jim.  I went straight onto the raw diet.  I didn't know about 80-10-10 or anything.  I spent some time eating to much fat and then I found this site and read the 80-10-10 book.  I struggled at first to eat enough calories and I think that caused some cravings.  I even fell off the wagon for about a month and ate quite a bit of rice and potatoes.  I realized after about a month that I didn't feel nearly as good eating the cooked food as I did eating raw, so I switched back and have been doing high calorie, low fat, raw ever since.

congrats!

Thanks.

HOLY COW. You look like two totally different people :P

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
5 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Friday
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Friday
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Friday
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18
ednshell commented on OrganicMark's status
Mar 16
Miles Brandon is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 16
Profile IconMichael Taube and lizzie joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 7
Rock replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Feb 29
"$5 Trillion Wiped Out From World Stocks Amid Fastest Collapse In History #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2vfwccz"
Feb 29
Paul replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Feb 26
Silvery posted a discussion
Feb 26
Silvery replied to Rock's discussion This site...
Feb 26
BananaStatesofMurica! RAW OR DIE replied to Rock's discussion This site...
Feb 26
Profile IconJan and Zahra joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 22

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service