30 Bananas a Day!

Whether we personally care enough about celebrities to stalk them or not doesn't matter, for they do attract fans and followers, and their image does sell. I put up this thread so that anyone linked to it could see that eating a (proper) vegetarian diet doesn't ruin anyone's chances (genetic and/or dependant on other factors) to be beautiful (and as we here on 30b would well argue, a vegetarian diet, especially a LFRV one, actually beautifies people). So, let's appeal to cruelty-free vanity!

Along with the photos, it'd be nice have a little blurb about the celebrity, so people may learn when they first went vegetarian and for how much of the time they've been vegetarian since. If they are involved in the vegan cause, add a bit of relevant information, if you like. If you just want to post more photos of a celebrity who has already been featured, it'd be nice if these were to be posted in a reply to the first post where this celebrity was featured (if you've browsed the thread enough to know where that is... otherwise, heck!).

(As an aside, I just feel like saying that if we are going to spend time and money on entertainment, we might want to consider being benefactors of productions where vegetarians are prominently featured.)

Actress Kristen Bell PETA's 2006 Celebrity 'Sexiest Vegetarian Alive' Winner.

"At age 11, Bell became a vegetarian. In an interview with PETA, Bell stated, 'I have always been an animal lover. I had a hard time disassociating the animals I cuddled with—dogs and cats, for example—from the animals on my plate, and I never really cared for the taste of meat. I always loved my brussel sprouts!' During her time in Michigan, Bell fostered animals from Michigan Humane Society and she now supports the San Diego-based Helen Woodward Animal Center. Bell often attends fund raisers for the ASPCA and other non-profit organizations dedicated to protecting animals. She owns a Welsh Corgi-Chow Chow mix named Lola, a Welsh Corgi-Chihuahua mix named Shakey, and a black Labrador Retriever named Sadie, who was 11 years old when she was rescued from Hurricane Katrina and adopted by Bell in 2005." - Wikipedia

Views: 10862

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great thread Nicolas

Olivia Wilde has been crowned the Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity of 2010 by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals [PETA].

PETA claimed Olivia has saved "the lives of about 100 animals a year" by opting to be a vegan.

"I am really honored, and very inspired to continue living the vegan lifestyle that has been so good to my body, my animal friends, and the world we live in," the actress further wrote. "So thank you, PETA, and thanks to all who voted for me!"

Portman, who has been a vegetarian since childhood and became a vegan in 2009 after reading Jonathan Safran Foer's Eating Animals, is an advocate for animal rights. She does not eat animal products or wear fur, feathers, or leather. "All of my shoes are from Target and Stella McCartney," she has said. In 2007, she launched her own brand of vegan footwear Wikipedia
She's beautiful, but I just want to point out that she's been lacto-ovo-vegetarian since she was 8 years old (possibly she's had long stints without skim milk [her preference] and eggs, or may not have consumed much of it all to begin with - I don't know), but, yes, she has recently said that she is now committed to veganism and "vegan activism". In one of her latest films, "New York, I Love You", she plays a vegan character - What's next? "V For Vegan"?
that's great, she's definately my secret girl crush! hehe!
[Correction: She plays a 'kosher vegetarian', I suppose, as that is the title of the short story in "New York, I Love You" that she's in.]
She's so pretty !
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
That's so cool! I didn't know Olivia Wilde was a vegan
It's Bell's birthday today, so I'll use that as an excuse to give her an extra post outside of the thread starter (noticing that on imdb.com and checking trivia on her there to see if she happened to be vegetarian, as it turns out several of my favorite artists are, made me want to post this thread.)

She has one of my favorite smiles. Just makes me happy.

Kristen Bell's Sloth Meltdown on the Ellen DeGeneres show

Yes, maybe I should just dedicate an entire thread to her...

Haha I just saw this. Completely hilarious, love her!

Alyssa Milano, the most beautiful woman alive (in my humble opinion) is vegetarian:

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

VeganKeyes's photo was featured
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Something Just Broke In China As Repo Rate Soars To 1,000% Overnight #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/32A0ORD"
Saturday
"Shocking News about Salem Media and the CIA #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2xTX7bz"
Friday
"Iran Offers Nuclear Deal If US Lifts Sanctions; Oil Tumbles #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JPO80q"
Thursday
"Bank Run: Deutsche Bank Clients Are Pulling $1 Billion A Day #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XQ3Nqr"
Thursday
Rock and Nemo are now friends
Jul 16
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Jul 15
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Jul 15
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 15
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 15
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service