30 Bananas a Day!

Hey everyone

I've been having a lot of acne, bloating, tiredness, teeth sensitivity, and other issues lately after incorporating more high carb low fat cooked vegan dinners into my routine, so I decided to do banana island to get back on track with high carb raw vegan. Unfortunately, I am on my first day of the island and I can't take anymore bananas. It's 4pm where I am, and I've only eaten 13 bananas. I'm so hungry and have plenty more bananas that I could eat, but I'd rather just not eat anything than eat more bananas.

Does anyone know why I can't take doing banana island? I did it once before for 3 days when I first started hcrv, but I had to force myself to eat them and I hated it, but was still do hungry.

I wish I could do it because I want to jump start healing again, but my body just hates bananas in large quantities. I am fine with a 10 banana nice cream or a smoothie mixed with a few dates, but not whole bananas or plain banana smoothies.

Please help! <3

Views: 1089

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alex, I hear you.  I'd rather mono on apples or mangoes myself, but you're right, bananas are cheapest. 

Hi alex long time no talk. I was the same way 8 months in Im 10 months in now and still cant get in enough cal.s AND can only afford bananas and grapes....(50$ a week for food) So I am having to eat 10 bananas with 3-4 cups of white rice a day just to stay carbed. I feel tired all the time and just stay in bed most of the day...just sucks...I mean i cant go back to "steak and potatoes" as i just feel WAY WORSE AND i love cows lol. Keep me updating I enjpyed talking to ya! But i know i get to a point where my body literaly rejects the thought of another banana smoothie and mostly this happens because im under carbed and i have that "F' it" attitude and my banana smoothie just sits and it takes me 4-6 hours to finish a 10 banana smoothie.

I think eating should be pleasurable. Don't force it down if it doesn't taste good. I rarely ever do island anything for more than a few days. Some days bananas are yummy others I want something juicier like mangos or papaya or even tons of apples. Lately I want lots of navel oranges. Yummy. What have you been eating cooked? I have been eating some steamed veggies at dinner lately bc it's cold out. No major issues. Most issues come from grains for me. Nice to hear from you again Alex!

It sounds like bananas for you are like apples for me. Unless apples are extremely ripe and sweet i can't eat them.

Thankfully there's lots of choice with fruit.

Is there a reason you want to go on a banana island and you can't just eat a more varied fruit and greens diet?

I don't want to sound uncaring but there are plenty of countries that can't feed their people. Please use your instincts and eat the foods you feel comfortable eating and make those work for you.

I tried this two days ago and I had to force myself to eat enough bananas. I wanted everything BUT bananas and just the thought of having another one made me nauseous. I feel so pathetic and I really wanted to participate in banana island but I just can't!

I'm also struggling with too many bananas. It's a shame because they are really inexpensive and filling.

For me it might be some kind of allergic reaction. I've read about what's called cross reaction allergies, where you're normally allergic to latex if you can't handle bananas.

I havn't done an official allergy test, but I just know that banana island makes me feel kinda shitty.

Do a bit of reading on cross reaction allergies and bananas, and maybe you'll find some answers.

Hopefully this is something that can go away after some time of healthy living, because we all love them bananas! :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
8 hours ago
fruity78 posted a discussion
8 hours ago
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
yesterday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
yesterday
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
yesterday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
ednshell commented on Rawgasm's group No mobile phones
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"One Bank Finally Admits The Fed's "NOT QE" Is Indeed QE... And Could Lead To Financial Collapse #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2NQ5Jsc"
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Thursday
Thursday
Kris and Kevin are now friends
Wednesday
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Tuesday
Tuesday
Tuesday
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
Tuesday
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service