30 Bananas a Day!

Hey, banana eaters and fruit munchers!

Desperately in need of your advise! The thing is, a couple of time I have been starting the high carb "diet". I was eating only fruit for 2 weeks or so and then I got back on the junckie "bad" food. I guess, I lose my motivation or I'm strongly addicted to the cooked non-vegan food. Do you reckon, after a sertain time eating fruit will make me "forget" about other stuff? How long should I eat ONLY high carb raw vegan to feel satisfied? The "21 day" rule, perhaps?

Views: 782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like you may have something there.  I believe I'll try that approach.  I have ten days as a 100% LFRV and that is my lifetime record!  I seem to get weak for various reasons right around 9 or 10 days.  Last time I had 9 days and I picked up a bolgogi roll in an Asian restaurant.  I thought it was rice and veggies wrapped in dulce, or whatever that seaweed is that they use to wrap bulgogi.

Anyway, it set me off!  I got a craving and went back for another, and another, and another....  Then a Chinese dinner!

So I think what I have to do is stay 100% LFRV to protect myself from whatever they do to food in those restaurants and Asian markets!

Ahaa!  It must have been the MSG; or maybe the oil; or maybe the salt!  Fact is, if I bought it in an Asian market, there's no telling what was in it!!

I'm the same Lee! 9-10 days and I'm like "OhmygawdBREAD". :P

OMG!  Bread!  I used to have the same problem.  9-10 days and I get a craving, so I think, "well, maybe some "health bread" or maybe some "holistic bread."  Then I realized that bread starts to turn to sugar in the mouth, and is quickly digested & absorbed as sugar--so I get the same spike in my bloodsugar from bread that I get from sugar!  I may as well be eating doughnuts!

The real problem, as I see it, is that there is so much false advertising and even misunderstanding out there that the only way for me to be safe is to eat only raw fruits and veggies and greens....  Poor me!!!

I think the hardest part for me is my mind rationalizing it by saying "but it's vegan so it's fine.. ;)". I last 9-10 days and it's just like willpower crumble alert.. Poor me too! Haha :D

Then after a day or two of eating crap my skin breaks out, I bloat up from all the salt and I'm left sitting around feeling like poop because I caved. Goddermert :P

I know right? I know all of this having lectured my brother on it for about four months while he was on chemo. "Your body doesn't need it!". I can be such a hypocrite when it comes to looking after myself. I'm currently on my third day after so many failed attempts. It seems that every time gets a little bit easier, cause I know what sets me off and how to avoid raiding my cupboards :P

I'm not overweight, I'm just freakin' unhealthy! It's all a learning experience, and whether or not I stick to it or fail will be my fault. The difference between 9 days and one day eating crap is so obvious. Radiant and glowing or dull and puffy? I think I know what I'd rather have ;) 

Thanks for the input! :)

Yep!  That's me!!  That's meeee!!!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
yesterday
allie posted a discussion
yesterday
allie posted a photo
yesterday
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Tuesday
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Monday
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service