30 Bananas a Day!

This is more of a rant...

No matter what I say or how much I eat... he will never believe in this life style.  Constantly  commenting on everything I ate and then not letting me eat dinner because he wanted to explain how I am "not getting enough protein" and then going on and on and on about the damages a vegan lifestyle will do.  I could not eat dinner because I too busy trying to stop myself from crying.  And the other coach (Lutz) just sat there and watched the whole thing... I looked over at him and he did not do anything (because he probably agreed with everything Krause said).  For a little while I thought I actually was stupid and was cook grain vegan for a couple days. 
Now I am back home and the official season does not start for 2 weeks so I get some time to workout on my own and not have to worry about his judgment.
I want to quite the team now, but I will not because I am his first vegan athlete and what will it say (or do) to the future vegan athletes if I quite.  I do not want them to go though the same @#$% I am going though.  I need to be the best on his team, but the closer I get the more he bullies me, and I cannot do anything about it without risking getting kicked off the team.  Right now I am probably in the top ten girls on a team of about 200 high schoolers (approximately half are girls). 
How do I get over this and how do I get better?
The sport is cross country by the way.

Views: 572

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yaya Mom! :)  Maybe he needed a reminder, old dogs learning new tricks and such! ;)

Carl Lewis went vegan at the age of 29, winning gold medals in the 1992 and 1996 Olympic Games.  Moreover, all of his personal best performances came after he became vegan.

Awesome! :)

I had a coach like that in college. I turned out to be one of the top 3 10k runners that school ever had. Way to shove that in his face :)

I cant speak for your coach specifically but these coaches really should lead by example i see the coaches at the school near me over weight obese riding the football players like crazy bunch of middle aged obese has beens who could never dream of playing the game much less getting out of there lazy boy for another beer while watching it yet they ride these poor kids like crazy. making these kids do things they could enver do themselves. 

i saw the cross country coach recently with the team not even running it was this obese fat guy! It made me wanna go volunteer to coach because I would at least be able to run with these kids But I dunno much about the actual sport persay and i despise this particular school. 

THen i heard recently one guy talking about how he might coach the swim team they are asking him to help another obese guy who smokes and probably couldnt even swim a lap himself but he's gonna coach it? 

*sigh* But ya know there all the experts there gonna learn these poor kids how to do it. ::facepalm::

Rule 5: Harden the **** up and stop victimising yourself.

Respect... thanks for the advise

Just prove him wrong by results!!! and show him what Michael Arnstein achieved on a Raw lifestyle!! 

You cried cos a coach disagreed with your dietary choices? #firstworldproblems Relax, CTFU and say 'thanks for your opinion but there are vegan guys who can run faster than you right now in any distance from 100m to 100miles and the worlds fastest runners ALL get their majority calories from plant foods..even all the ones using EPO, NONE of them get energy from eating meat, they ALL get it from glycogen reserves.'.

Then promise him 'If you can outrun some of the vegan runners out there, I will go get a big mac with you, otherwise, im gonna keep eating this way cos I really enjoy it and you are welcome to share your opinion but honestly, thats all it is to me. Im here for running advice, not dietary advice.'.

And leave it at that.

Crying just shows you are undercarbed and fragile. Not what any track team wants. Coaches push their athletes with the intention of them leaving. Its survival of the fittest. He doesnt want you there it sounds like. OR just testing how much you can handle.

Seriously though, crying cos a coach gives you crap...#firstworldproblems #htfu :)

Seriously what I needed to hear right now. Ty DR!

Thanks Durianrider!  I am a huge fan and so glad to hear your advise.  That's just what I needed to read.

O_O *shock and awe* *rubs eyes* WOW! Emily, YOU GO GIRL!!!! Lots of hugs to you! 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
Sunday
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Wednesday
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Oct 16
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Oct 16
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13
"QE4 "Not A QE" Begins: Fed Starts Buying $60BN In Bills Per Month Beginning Next Week #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2M9cmoQ"
Oct 12
Rock and Tams are now friends
Oct 12
Tams posted a discussion
Oct 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service