30 Bananas a Day!

Hello! 

Many of you may not know my story because I do not post often right now.  I have been around for almost 2 years with a LONG, EXTENSIVE list of symptoms when I arrived here.  I truly believe I was lucky to survive everything I have been through.  One thing I do have is a genetic mutation of the MTHFR gene, which affects the body's ability to produce/assimilate b12, detoxify, etc.  I was having reactions to my original dose of b12, which was 1,000mcg.  I seem to be doing better with the supplement now, so I found a sublingual version, but it is 5,000 mcgs per lozenge. 

For those of you out there that were not taking b12, but began supplementing with 5,000 mcg whether it be via injection or sublingual, did you have any adverse reactions when first adding it into your regimen?   

I am afraid to bump up my dosage from 1,000 to 5,000.  My 1,000 is an oral capsule vs. 5,000 sublingual.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

HUGS!!

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had never taken B12 before a couple of years ago.  I started with a sublingual 5000mcg which I took occasionally.  I didn't notice any difference at all.  Currently take a 1000mcg sublingual about 2 times a week.

I've been vegan for a bit under 3 years now.  I got my B12 tested a few months ago and the level was a solid 480.

Thanks for your insight, Gianni!  I may try to take 2 of my 1,000mcgs for a few days before I move forward with the 5,000mcg sublingual.  I am really worried about major detox reactions.  Glad to hear your levels are good and you had no reactions.  :)

My mother swore she had a very bad reaction to a B12 supplement the first time she took one. She has started taking it years later with no side effects.

Hey - Im replying to another post from you - but I don't know if you know but  If you are double homozygous for MTHFR mutation, you should proceed very cautiously with methyl-B12 and methyl-folate supplementation as some people do not tolerate high doses. This can cause severe GI distress! Also you should avoid folic acid supplements as well. Also avoid - tofu, seaweed, most nuts.. you prob know all this but Im in nursing school so I love to learn about these things and teach :)

Shelly

If you are double homozygous for MTHFR mutations, you should proceed very cautiously with methyl-B12 and methyl-folate supplementation as some people do not tolerate high doses.

i got kinda hot the first few times i took the 5000 outside of that no issues.

All I know is that when i pop 2 to 3 1k of B12 oral i feel great throughout the day and very healthy. Upping it to 5k hmmm seems like a waist of money but i can be wrong....b12 will not hurt you as far as i know...Any excess the body will just flush it out....the shots are the best but oral capsule from a good company that does not put a lot of fillers in it is something to very much keep in mind.   Hope this helps a little.....

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

luke left a comment for Mean Vegan Girl
3 hours ago
luke and Mean Vegan Girl are now friends
3 hours ago
Melissa Grace left a comment for Raisa
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Covid911 INSURGENCY #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light https://j.mp/2YKEZ1O"
Tuesday
"!! DANGER !!Test Shows Oxygen Levels Drop into the DANGER ZONE FIVE SECONDS After Putting on a Mask. #truth #light https://j.mp/2ZeLBog"
Jun 29
Lucas mcclaren's photo was featured
Jun 29
Eunice Su-Ai joined Marina's group
Jun 28
TheBananaGirl replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jun 25
Zeus Lopez Perez posted a discussion
Jun 25
"Bayer Pays $10BN To Settle Thousands Of Monsanto Glyphosate Lawsuits #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity https://j.mp/317rw5S"
Jun 23
Rus Talis replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 14
Rus Talis commented on ednshell's video
Jun 13
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
Jun 10
ednshell posted a video

Lies, Coverups, Google, Censorship, and the Whistleblower of the Year: Zach Vorhies (Part 1)

Charlene interviews the Whistleblower of the year, Zach Vorhies! Zach has done what few others have dared to do, tell the truth about Google and Big Tech and...
Jun 10
Lucas mcclaren posted a photo
Jun 10
Profile IconSean, Magdalena, George Gagnon and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 9

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service