We should always be well-prepared for when people ask us to explain this lifestyle. Please help me collect all of our arguments in favor of HCRV. These are the ones I could think of...
- Of all the diets I have tried, this one makes me feel the best and perform the best, without comparison. High energy, good mood, no sickness, good focus, perfect skin, perfect weight, etc. (I find that this argument is usually the most convincing for people)
- Whole, unprocessed, uncooked foods have the most nutrients.
- All nutrients we need are available in fruits and vegetables in sufficient quantities. B12 is found in some organic produce and can be produced in healthy intestines.
- Fruits and greens are the only foods that are high in anti-oxidants, phytonutrients, water, and soluble fiber, and low in anti-nutrients, acid-forming minerals, carcinogens and inflammatory substances.
- Controlled studies--many major studies have connected diets high in saturated fat, cholesterol, trans fat, animal protein and processed foods. with cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and other sicknesses.
- Population Studies--longest lived, healthiest populations today (Okinawa, Hunza, Ikaria, etc.) eat primarily plant based, low fat diets. Unhealthiest, high-disease populations eat a lot of meat, fat and refined foods. Strict grain populations show tooth decay, stunted growth and malnutrition.
- Our ancestors ate mostly (over 50% of diet) fruits and vegetables for 60 million years--this means we are very evolved for this diet. Our ancestors would eat meat sometimes, but it was only about 0-5% of diet.
- Even in the Paleolithic era, it was never over 50% meat.
- We never ate grains until 20,000 years ago (Neolithic era).
- Most of our close genetic relatives still eat a diet of primarily fruits and greens, and our digestive systems are still very similar to our genetic relatives.
- Hands and opposable thumbs--easily collect fruit.
- Nails--Blunt nails pierce fruit skin (but not animal skin)
- Taste--fruits and vegetables appeal to all positive human tastes--sweet, sour, salty. We cannot taste protein, fat, and starch. Raw meat tastes bad to most people.
- Vision--colorful fruit is very attractive to us. Raw meat looks repulsive. Grains look bland.
- Digestive system--long digestive track better equipped for vegetation than meat or grains.
- Meat eating is morally opposed by many people. Fruit eating is not.
- Idea slaughtering an animal or collecting grains is not appealing to many people. The idea of picking and eating fruit is very appealing.
HCRV is like the elephant in the middle of the room. We cannot "prove" that HCRV is the healthiest diet, but all these arguments seem to point in the same direction.
Can you guys think of any important ones that I missed?