30 Bananas a Day!

Here is the link to the original discussion if you are curious. 

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/are-vegans-pro-life-or-pr...

Someone else may want to count. Since people used it as a platform for debate, it was hard to sift through for an accurate count. 

Please continue to vote! This thread would be great. Remember just your stance and a very brief (1-2 line) explanation if needed. Also your gender.

I am specifically trying to find the moral stance vegans take on abortion.

This isn't a debate. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE START A NEW THREAD IF YOU WANT TO DEBATE! I WANT TO GET AS ACCURATE OF A COUNT AS POSSIBLE AND I DON'T  WANT TO ACCIDENTALLY COUNT YOUR VOTE TWICE OR NOT AT ALL. 

Example:

PRO LIFE, female
except in the case of medical emergencies.

So here are the results so far: 

Pro Life

Pro-Choice

Undecided

Not For Legislation

Other:

Pro Boner
Pro Karezza (x3)
Pro abstinence in except in the case of procreation

Pro sentience

Pro sensible (x2)  

Views: 830

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

TO ABORT or NOT TO ABORT is between me, my mate, and God.

In any case I am pro life for all creatures, under natural circumstances that benefit all.

Pro life! People are good - make more people! (used to be pro choice pre Vegan) (female)

Hey

Why exactly are you wanting to count these sorts of statistics? What possible use could there be for you to know such statistics?

To answer your question briefly, I am both pro life and pro choice. Personally, I am glad I am not a female as I would hate to have to make such a choice. I would never personally want to kill an unborn child, however I understand that there are some circumstances where some people feel unable to bear a child, either because they feel it would be detrimental to the child or detrimental to themselves. I do not feel it is my place to say that a person should or shouldn't make that choice. It is theirs alone to make. I don't think it could ever be an easy decision to make and I am sure that for many people, it may affect them for a long time.

I think that in an ideal world, people would practice karezza and would have sex in loving relationships, in order to avoid such difficult choices being necessary. However I understand that for many people, they do not feel they are ready to make such choices, yet still wish to connect sexually with other people.

I also don't think the subject of abortion is as simple as practicing karezza, using contraception or practicing celibacy. For example, A friend of mine had an abortion when she was 18 because she was so physically unhealthy that the doctors said that both she and the baby would be almost certain to die if she went through with the pregnancy. As she already had a child, she decided it would be irresponsible to go through with the pregnancy and risk leaving her child without a mother. I am certain that she would have had the child if it were not for the circumstances. I also have worked with a number of clients, who have chosen to have abortions because of their circumstances (eg. because they were addicted to drugs, or because they were too mentally unwell to care for the child, or because the pregnancy was as a result of rape). I have also had clients who had severely negative experiences of living in orphanages/foster placements/adopted care. And who chose to have abortions because they did not feel able to care for their child adequately and did not want to risk their unborn child being harmed by others by being given to others to care for.

I personally feel that it is a parents right to choose to prevent their unborn child experiencing unnecessary sufferring if they feel that being born would be more harmful to them than not being born at all.

So although I personally would not like to do it, and would prefer to live in an idealistic world where it was not ever considered necessary, I would not like to live in a world where people were unable to make the choice about what to do with their unborn child either.

Take care

Adam x

What he said.

Oversimplifying it to a yes or no question is something that only benefits (American) politicians.

Like*

So often I feel I have a really good reply - which after reading responses can be boiled down on this site to … yea! .. What Adam said! 

I am just trying to get an idea for myself, because I was curious and most of my vegan friends are online, so I don't know them personally... and thought the information might be interesting to others so I am sharing the data I am collecting.
I realize its not that simple, I just want to know how people feel. I am not doing a study that I want published or anything. 
Feel free to debate the matter on another thread! 
Thanks!  

I think the ideas that Adam expresses are pretty typical for this group. 

But: at the end of the day, you have to pick sides, and for me that side is pro-choice.

Pro Life!

Pro life.

I'm against the death penalty too.

And very vegan!

Not into taking lives or other violence.

you should further your details on people to see if things like education matter, etc. for instance:

pro choice, male, 24 years old, college graduate, agnostic, democrat, single

Pro Life, Pro Protection, Pro Think of the Consequences

Pro-life

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

VeganKeyes's photo was featured
13 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
23 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Something Just Broke In China As Repo Rate Soars To 1,000% Overnight #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/32A0ORD"
Saturday
"Shocking News about Salem Media and the CIA #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2xTX7bz"
Friday
"Iran Offers Nuclear Deal If US Lifts Sanctions; Oil Tumbles #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JPO80q"
Thursday
"Bank Run: Deutsche Bank Clients Are Pulling $1 Billion A Day #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XQ3Nqr"
Thursday
Rock and Nemo are now friends
Jul 16
"#SerialBrain2 - Winning: Trump now controls the chemtrails! (Pt.2) #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2GbYV48"
Jul 15
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filing Onslaught is On the Way #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2JFxuAL"
Jul 15
Profile Iconchungculands, Deya Storm, Luke Robinson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 15
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jul 15
Tanya Popovic left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Rebecca left a comment for Rebecca
Jul 12
Profile Iconcal bates, mark wilcox, Claire Hyun and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 11
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) replied to Eddie (Mecca Date Farm)'s discussion Semi Dry Medjool Dates, 20 # for $67.00 US. from meccadatefarm.com
Jul 10
Eddie (Mecca Date Farm) posted a discussion
Jul 10

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service