30 Bananas a Day!

I am preparing for 100 days of strict by-the-book adherance to 811.  I will give up my onions and garlic of course and all the rest of the program, from what I know of it, I am in agreement with.  I studied Natural Hygiene and I am reading 80/10/10 and should be thru with it by the time I start my 100 days.  This will be in 19 days and I'm looking forward to it. 

My question is: "What about sprouts and sprouting?"  Seeds, sunflower greens, pea shoots and the like.  Is that considered greens? 

Views: 422

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please can someone answer this question!!???

Ok, RT katie, I found my answer off site but 80/10/10.

Sprouts and Sprouting are not the best source per cost for our nutrition.  They are fine but not optimal.  If we want to do it fine. 

Thank you :-) I also just found a good response by Chris Randall on another thread basically saying the same thing, that they are just baby plants so ok but not as good as the plants themselves. It's so funny with this lifestyle that the simplest and most sensical almost toooo easy answer is actually the right one! Why things get so complicated in my mind I do not know. Anyway have a great day

Don't get down on yourself hon.  This is common because we are told so many distorted and contrived things about "nutrition" that are promoted by the phood industries and dairy and cattle slaughterers.  LOL 

Grapenut I am an avid sprouter.  When you factor in the time and cost for ORGANIC seeds it is pricey to me for the amount of nutrition.  Don't get me wrong, I simply love sprouts and would love to find the time to grow them and probably will when things in my life slow down a bit. 

Fantastic!  Go for it girlfriend, you RAWk!

Raw Zombie, thank you for your post and I'm happy that this is true for you.  I'm sure you weren't insulting me with my own experience of it being expensive here and not sufficient nutrition based on 80/10/10 comments including from Dr. G if memory serves me.  Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

I will take another look at sprouting as soon as my life slows down a bit.  I run 2 businessess and am getting the hang of eating 80/10/10 after a 92 day juice feast and making raw food for my clients, etc. 

Again to state my points:  I LOVE SPROUTING!!  LOL   Those who wish to and can do it, do it. 

So happy your results and calculations have proven my points invalid. 

Raw Zombie your last post was deleted and I did read it.  Who is your supplier of seeds please.  Mine was expensive.  I've grown the greens before very successfully and truly love them.  I just need to make them cheaper.  Thanks

Where do you get your seeds from??  I buy organic sunflowers and peas in bulk and have been very happy with price.

From my local co-op and they are from the pantry something or other.  Please let me know. 

I get mine from Mumm's Seeds.  I buy the 5 kg bags of sunflowers.  I'm lucky in that I usually have my own compost to grow them in.  If I consistently had to source out good organic soil as well, I suppose that might change things.

Thanks dangermouse.  That is very helpful.  I buy my own organic soil. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Monday
Rock posted a discussion
Monday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Sunday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service