30 Bananas a Day!

I've had my blood tested twice within the past year and both times my thyroid levels have been low. Not SUPER low, but its subclinical hypothyroidism and apparently low enough to need meds. Didn't go on the meds obviously, and did a ton of research on natural ways to up my thyroid levels and so I bought a couple supplements but have been hesitating to take them because I don't know how I feel about taking supplements to begin with. Is this lifestyle going to help it slowly go back up? I don't know what to do!! HELP!!!!!!!

Views: 792

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eat unlimited fruits. The more you eat the greater metabolic repair. No need for supplements. I was on meds for low thyroid for two years. And my thyroid corrected itself a few months after starting this lifestyle.

Really?! That's really good news!! What kinds of fruit did you eat/are you eating? And how many calories? I'm currently doing the Raw till 4 program. Do you think I will still benefit?

I agree 100% with Fruit of Life. This diet is optimal for healing the thyroid. I was in bad shape coming to 811. Hypothyroid - my hair was falling out to the point of bald spots. Supposedly I could not convert T3 to T4 or something like that. Doc tried to put me on medication, but I ended up with heart palpitations and more severe issues. 1-2 months on 811 and my thyroid was normalized. :)

It's so comforting to know that you have both healed your thyroid with this lifestyle!! Thank you for your input! Do you eat fully raw as well?

Hi Taylee! When I healed my thyroid I was fully raw. Took about 1-2 months to heal my thyroid and I continued on raw for 6 months. Then went through a brief try at raw til 4 when I saw Freelees videos - did not last long. I was tired, fatigued, and it slowed my digestion. Gained weight quickly so I am back on raw! Your body will communicate with you!! :)

Yeah I am sure you can get positive results on raw till 4 as well.  Thyroid issues is often an autoimmune disease and autoimmune diseases are caused by consuming animal protein in any form.  So it is responsible for many thyroid conditions, as well as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons and many other autoimmune disorders.  So vegan will help.  But low fat high carb is best vegan eating so that is even better and then best is fruits.  Fruits are best for the body and healing.  However again you will do fine on raw till for.  Just don't under eat it leads to serious issues and further metabolic damage.  You will heal you will do great.  It will happen probably quickly for your it did for me and it did for Fruity Fitness.  Maybe slightly longer on raw till 4 but maybe not.  No worries just eat well high carb low fat and you will be stellar. 

Oh I eat 3500-5500 calories a day with my average being 4000+  I ate a variety of fruits.  I am not sure if certain fruits matter.  I avoided all cruciferous veggies, such as kale, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, collard greens, turnips, turnip greens, radishes, cabbage........and the list goes on, because they can cause thyroid as well as digestive issues and they caused both for me.  So I wont touch them.  I don't care how much someone screams they are healthy.  My body knows differently.  I ate lots of fruits and tender lettuce greens only.  Mainly romaine and iceberg lettuce.

Thank you so much for your advice!! Here's basically what I'm eating day by day: In the morning I drink a ton of water, then I either eat a bunch of persimmons or make a big banana smoothie. I'll add some coconut sugar sometimes, do you think that's bad? I'm thinking about buying a case of dates to add instead of coco sugar. Then I'll make another smoothie to take with me to work for lunch/snack. I'll come home from work and make a zucchini noodle salad with cucumber noodles too (1 zucchini and half cucumber) , some cherry tomatoes, sliver of avocado with lemon juice and spices. Then I'll cook up some potatoes or corn pasta with low fat tomato sauce. And that's the gist! I drink a lot of water during the day. I'm going to try and get in more fruit during the day so I don't crave too many cooked carbs at night anymore. What do you think? Thank you so much, I appreciate you!

hypothyroidism can be solved on this lifestyle due to the lower stress on the immune system but it seems that you can get subclinical high tsh levels eating this way too.  Iodine deficiency is almost guaranteed among people who don't supplement iodine.   Maybe eating ~3000 calories of fruit is enough to prevent iodine deficiency especially if the fruit is grown in good soil although you need much higher amounts to replenish it.  

Natural sources of iodine in the diet = healthy thyroid. A medium-sized banana contains 3 micrograms of iodine. Bit of seaweed in your salads.

And some new-age thought (Louise Hay) about the emotional cause of hypothyroidism:

Giving up. Feeling hopelessly stifled.

Affirmation for the bathroom mirror...

"I create a new life with new rules that totally support me."

Someone who has thyroid issues should not eat seaweed. Well seaweed in general is not a good food for anyone but it can be particularly harmful and dangerous for someone with under active thyroid.

low tsh levels mean hyperthyroidism. 

So did you have low or high tsh?

Little Mango - this sounds like me! Did you just use 811rv to cleanse your liver?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconLeeanne and Eva joined 30 Bananas a Day!
12 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"CNN Lays Off Staffers After Massive Ratings Drop #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2EsDsDd"
12 hours ago
Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
May 20
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service