30 Bananas a Day!

Anyone going to the Fruitarian Festival in France this summer?

Hi!
I was wondering if anyone was going to the Fruitarian festival in Brittany, France this year! I was planning to go and would love to meet people from here there! :D
And the amazing this is, it is FREE and accessible (financially anyways!) to all! (You do have to pay for food/fruit there though, but they sell it at wholesale prices!). I wanted to go to the Fresh Food Festival or Freshness Week but they are unfortunately just too expensive fir me at the moment! Then I found this!! :D

Here is the link, if you are interested!: http://www.fruitarisme.lautre.net/fruktifest_english.html

Hope I can see you there!

AJ X

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just an update ....

We just came back from Germany & France.

We only spent 3 days at Fruktifest as planned. First we were offered cooked rice on arrival, a vegan mum cooked for her 7 years boy. Met some nice folks while breathian talk was on for hours. I didn't get the chance to see the breathian lady. Few hours later, met the organiser the only long-term fruitarian (24 years) at that time, who offered us free lettuces (because the wholesaler was going to throw them away, so he took it back). One condition (I was told to) eat them in private. There are others short-term fruitarians, 3-6 months with ocassional greens or vegetables, some raw fooders from afar. We have not met any fruitarian children/families, not even other 100% raw children in Fruktifest. Most people are vegan or vegetarians live in France. Yes the organiser is skinny, maybe not the healthies raw vegan I encounter. He admited he's a fruitarian police, but with a kind heart. The location is very beautiful. With eating greens is ok, I wish we could stay longer.

Germany raw vegan families event get our thumb ups!! We met some wonderful friends at both events.

Peace & Love, Chang-yu
Hello Chang!

Thank you so much for your update!
Funny about the mixed experience at the Frukfest!
Shame about the fruit being expensive - I would have thought it to be cheaper as it's from the wholesaler!! And funny about you having to eat the lettuces in private while the first food you were offered was cooked rice!! XD But the location sounds beautiful!
From your experience, I do wish I could have made it myself (but an unexpected trip to England altered our plans). But in a way I am glad I did not go as my mum and brother would have come with me and I think they would be put off by the breathatarian talks completely! Would have loved to meet new people there though! :)

Thanks so much!
AJ xxx
omg people think crazy even when they eat good
I WISH
I'm planning on heading to this event. Sounds amazing and I'm very interested to meet other fruitarians.

Hope to meet some of you incredible beings there :)
Will likely be there this summer, no other plans for August on board...

I hope they let me eat the amount I want zehe :)
sounds awesome - l live in paris, but working - ahhhhh bugga out of curiousity where is the Fresh Food Festival or Freshness Week held? in the same place? cheers AJ xx
Hey! The fresh food festival is in Denmark and the Freshness week is in Czech (I think :) :D
thanks bella - will look into it - but kinda strapped for cash at the mo, bugga xx
I will add my update to Chang-Yu´s

We stayed 6 days at Fruktifest, the people there are wonderful and it was really great to meet Nick and Jasmin, they are beautiful and fun beings. There is not a fruit abundance, in fact some days there was not much ripe or suitable to eat calorie wise. Also, be prepared to pay quite a bit for good food. Watermelons were 1.60E a kilo, other melons 2.50-3E a kilo. All the food is organic. If you can´t afford all organic food it would be best to have your own car, for storage/obtaining purpases. It´s also bitterly cold at night, so bring lots of warm clothes and blankets, also raingear for the morning drizzle.

The location is beautiful, the forest amazing, we wished we could stay longer but are glad to have traveled farther south.
that sounds like a great idea. Pity I missed it this year. Hopefully something like that next year when it comes up again, would be fun!
I think I may try and hit that one.
Maybe.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
yesterday
fruity78 posted a discussion
yesterday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
ednshell commented on Rawgasm's group No mobile phones
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"One Bank Finally Admits The Fed's "NOT QE" Is Indeed QE... And Could Lead To Financial Collapse #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2NQ5Jsc"
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Thursday
Thursday
Kris and Kevin are now friends
Wednesday
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Tuesday
Tuesday
Tuesday
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
Tuesday
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 12

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service