30 Bananas a Day!

Hello, I was wondering if anyone on here is from the same area? As I have very few friends that share the same (vegan) values. It would be interesting to see if there is. :)

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm glad to hear you have recovered from your troubles, that's really good :) Yeah I find it really easy, I forget I have a label of being 'vegan' if you know what I mean as it feels natural :). So basically I stumbled across Gary Yourofsky's video 'Best speach' and it literally hit me so hard what was going on, I even had to go for a walk and have a little cry as I didn't understand before then suddenly I realised about the cruelty. Now I've been vegan for 8/9 months.

I actually eat more starch than fruit as I find it cheaper and more convenient but do feel so good when I go through periods of eating allot more fruit. Any tips?

We should get all the vegans in Southampton together somehow and have a chat, would be awesome :) xxx

Oh and yes my boyfriend is Asian and it's easy to find Asian vegan options :) x

Thank you :) Same here! Most of the time i forget i even am 'vegan', i just eat whatever i like (obviously not animal products haha), and i watched Gary's speech too before becoming vegan, he's such a great speaker. It just made so much sense. Have you seen 'Earthlings'? It made me cry so much, that was when i decided that there was no reason, no excuse for not being vegan, and it made it seem so easy. Congrats! I think i've lost track of how long i've been vegan but i'd say it's been at least a year.

I eat mostly fruit because it makes me feel my best, but yeah i agree starches are cheaper. I shop mostly at Lidl because they have super cheap fruit and veg which is actually good quality - better than other shops. If you look for markdowns or shop at the end of the day/week then fruit is often cheaper.

That would be amazing! I'd love to meet some vegans in the area, we could even go for a meal somewhere :) xxx

I know what you mean :D no I haven't seen it, now that I've decided I don't want to partake in animal bi-product consumption I don't think I can handle watching anything else that's too upsetting. But I do wish others would watch it as it's not fair that they don't want it to upset them, but think about how the animals feel (people that haven't yet educated themselves)!! Ah okay we're getting a Lidl in Bath soon so I'll have to look out! :).

Ah yeah exiting! We'll have to find out more people that live in Southampton and have a gathering. Do you have a YouTube? As I would love to feature you in one of my videos or something xx

Do you follow anyone on YouTube allot, I'm guessing you watch Freelee and Durianriders channels :) x

Yeah, sometimes i can't watch videos like that because it's really upsetting, but i'm already vegan and am aware of what happens so i guess theres not much point aha. I tired getting my family to watch but they'd rather continue believing that it doesn't happen, which is frustrating :(

I have one friend that is becoming a vegan that lives near me, but other than that i don't know anyone else. Maybe we could advertise it on the forum. No i don't have youtube, but i do watch Freelee a lot. I was considering starting one but i'm not sure.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
10 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
16 hours ago
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Thursday
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Wednesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3
OrganicMark posted a status
"INSIDERS & EXPERTS: AG BARR IS ABOUT TO DECLASSIFY DOCS THAT IMPLICATE BARRY IN THE SPYING OF TRUMP. #truth #now http://bit.ly/2wyUDyE"
Jun 2
Silvery posted a discussion
Jun 1
Silvery and Windlord are now friends
Jun 1
shaila reddy joined catalyst's group
Jun 1
Rawberry replied to Mati Manik's discussion Any 811er in Argentina?????
May 31

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service