I'm increasing interested in the relation between mood, energy, and glucose levels. I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted to monitor themselves with a glucometer.
Some interested tests that I'd like to do with one:
1) Take glucose readings before, during, and after periods of fasting, sleep, etc.
2) Observe how quickly blood sugar rises after meals.
3) Spend a week doing hourly 1-10 mood ratings followed by a glucose check to see if it correlates.
4) See how eating one (very large, high calorie) meal a day will affect my blood sugar throughout the day compared my standard three meals.
5) See how glucose levels fluctuate during physical exertion, and rise afterward following eating fruit.
6) All of the above, but with the addition of a continuous supply of overt fat in the diet.
Does anyone own a glucometer? Have a good one to suggest? Ever done similar experiments?
I'm not the biggest fan of continuously stabbing myself to get a reading, but I'm willing to try it for awhile.