30 Bananas a Day!

hey guys, this is my first post ^_^

i've always been a big eater, not leaving much on my plate.

when i was 16 to a few days before my 22 bday, i was a binge eater. massive binger and then faster. i'm talkin' weight gain of a pound of day minimum from fat (most likely) when i would binge. by eating 'disordered' i mean a 5000 calorie friday, a 5000 calorie saturday, and a 500 calorie sunday - monday - ... thursday, consistently. by binge i mean on junk. my friends would say i'm still bingin' today, but i would say i'm not. i haven't felt as alive and guilt free since i was 15 :-) plus a binge in 2006 would be a pound of cookie dough, a jar of peanut butter, a bag of salty chips and a bag of trail mix, for example.

between those years, i cycled between weights, with my lowest being around 98 pounds to my highest being around 185 pounds. my height is 5'3 and a half. 

my 22 bday, september 13 2012 was my last 'binge' on crap, and my last day of inconsistent eating. since then i haven't fasted or overeaten. from that day to mid june of 2014, i consistently ate ~1800 calories average, with a majority (save about 2 months last summer) of the time being high carb, low fat vegan. my sources of carbs were legumes, potatoes, squashes, all vegetables, all fruits, and on occasion fatty fruits.

starting mid june of 2014, i started to smash in the carbs i craved. 2500 minimum. i tried calorie restricting (sticking with 2000) in early july but quit that about a week later.

my appetite is large, like i said. i have no trouble getting 2500 minimum. 

but it seems that most high carb vegan women i have seen eat about 2500-3000 calories daily. these inspirational women, with high fitness, don't seem to eat past 3500. i'm talkin' freelee, emily from bite size, sasha from rice n raw, anji bee, kristina, megan elizabeth, rawvana...

for august of 2014, these are my stats:

eating between 2700-3000 cals a day: 4 times in august

3000-3500: 8

3500-4000: 8

4000-6500: 12

i eat a high carb low fat cooked vegan life style, some times raw till 12, and wonder, am i eating too much? i know they say eat as much as you care for, but maybe i over eat?

today i ate:

breakfast: a 5 banana + 1 T sugar smoothie

breakfast 2: 1 lb medjool dates (~30), small head iceberg, ~8 small stalks celery

lunch: 1lb medjool dates (~30)

lunch 2: small head iceberg with 2lb red potatoes (~10 small) (lil' sugar/cumin/cinnamon/paprika)

dinner: 3lb red potatoes (~15 small)

i am a full time graduate student alongside workin' about 20 hours a week minimum in an elementary school and preschool.

i cycle about 4-5 days a week, with some light calisthenics each day.

too i drink about 3 liters a day minimum, sleep about 8-9 hours a day minimum, and rarely sit on my bum. i have too much energy ^_^

yet i have gained about 10-15 pounds since june of 2014. not awesome, what can i do?

when i started mid june i was ~113 pounds. now i estimate i'm about 125, maybe 130.

i was ~115 before my bingin' started at age 16, and leveled at about 115 when i stopped binging ~2012-june 2014.

any comments would be helpful, or if not, that's okay too.

have a good one ^_^

Views: 1654

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks eli, these responses are so helpful, from all of you ^_^

it seems about twice my bmr may be what i stabilize at... i'm supposed to be eating around 1900 cals according to cronometer to maintain my weight.

i think i stay pretty active too, today for instance after each meal i cycled.. i ended up cycling 3 hours total today, a personal high since i started this summer :)

i have trouble sitting still and especially in class, 

thanks again guys, it's hard not to compare my results to yours, but maybe that's best at times

That sounds right.

I experience the same; have calorie restricted (<1000cals per day) from 2008 to 2010, then bing ate on !@#$ till 2011, then restricted a bit again (1800) till I guess 2013 and now I struggle to keep on with my hungerdrive. I have a hard time feeling full, just like you I think. I think it is because our body just don't know what is going to happen in the future. While we are young and want to be a skinny !@#$% NOW, I think we just have to wait :( But please enjoy all the other aspects of life <3 I hope some day we don't feel like eating so much anymore. I see so many people around me who say "I'm full", while I can eat 3 times the amount they ate... Well I sport 2+ hours per day though (mostly light). 

i relate so much! i rarely feel 'full', but feel like i burn off most of what i eat, despite the weight gain. thanks :-)  i think patience is the truth, i can't ever imagine going back to a restrictive 'maximum' cal amount. i think in the future i may feel more comfortable at ~2500-3000 like a lot of long term females here, but today it's rarely enough.

i'm the same way ^_^ i seem to eat lighter breakfasts but then eat a little more as the day goes, do u eat cooked meals before bed? thanks!

125 lbs for a 5'3 woman is great. i find if you focus more on fitness than weight, only good things can come from it. you are probably made up of much more muscle and water now than fat. good luck! eat when you want, rev that metabolism up!

i just recently started eating as much as I care for, after years of restricting. I'm eating 4000cals a day, and Im not that big of a guy. Does that seem normal? I do do a fair amount of exercise but not a ton.

were you able to see what other guys do with moderate activity? i don't see a problem with what you're doing

It's okay. I eat the same amount (between 3500-4500 kcal / day. Generally around 3800-4000), and although I exercise, I don't spend HOURS a day doing it. 

When we eat whole foods we simply don't assimilate all the calories that we think we are ingesting. Because of the fiber, resistant starch, etc., some of what we eat will pass right through us.

I read somewhere that when we eat a whole foods, plant based diet, it could be possible to not absorb even 30% or more of the calories that we eat.

We may think we are eating 4000 kcal, whereas our bodies might be using only 3500 or 3000. Who knows.

I found that the best is to eat always to appetite (even if you count calories, do it just for the fun of it, but not to restrict yourself). I went through phases where I ate 5000-6000 kcal / day, phases where I ate 2800-3200 kcal / day and now I'm at ~4000 kcal / day. It fluctuates.

Our bodies are smart and will always strive for inner balance. If you have an appetite to eat 6000 kcal / day, after a few days or weeks your appetite will very likely decrease and you'll go back to eating lower calories.

The opposite is also true, if our body tell us to eat only 2000 kcal, after a few days our appetite will probably increase.

thanks martin :-)  some times i want to stop using cronometer and eat as i feel, not sure if that would be effective.

this month of september i've dropped the cals, but not consciously... and during the weeks i've eaten less than the weekends, but again not for restrictive reasons

I eat 4500 minimum every day

Awesome thread! Thanks for starting it. I love the idea of the body doing its healing & then settling in to what it needs to. It sounds as if you intuitively already understood that. Keep us posted! : )

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
11 hours ago
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
yesterday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
yesterday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service