30 Bananas a Day!

Any vegans who come from families who are against the lifestyle?

SUPPP PEOPLE,

Just wanted to get to know the community better. I've been very very fortunate to have the resources to buy my fruits and carbohydrates and never had a problem of finding food or the time to do what I really wanted to do. Although sometimes I feel that my parents put a lot of pressure on me (being Asian parents) and seeing that they are always stressed out at work, they still manage to provide food on the table and eat with my brothers and I no matter what. But I know it will be a challenge talking to them about the lifestyle (They don't know about it yet) 

Just wanted to talk. Would love to hear any stories or any confessions haha!

Views: 488

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After my check-ups for school, my mom was thinking about going vegan for a little bit just to see what it would be like and honestly she hasn't really gone for it yet, but I try to show her how much better this lifestyle is. And recently my grandmother has been eating more fruit and less animal products because of my actions, so the mentality that my dad has shown to "make me healthy" has really been really useless for him. Plus even if he tried to bring me back to eating animal products, he still couldn't because I have never been healthier and more positive in my whole life. 

Thank you all for sharing your story. Was really helpful to me. I was wondering about the best way to tell my parents I'm going 100% vegan. I think they'll be pretty upset, since they already had their problems with me going vegetarian about half a year ago. I would love to get some more advice from other people in my age, who already convinced their parents to let them go vegan. Thx ^-^

Just tell them. And if they attack you, just keep calm because most of them time parents do that because they care and don't want to see you having health problems. Just keep proving them wrong that you can indeed live an awesome life just by plant foods. My parents gave me a lot of shit even when I was doing powerlifting, eating right and lifting heavy, but eventually they accepted it and even bought me another rice cooker so that I could cook my brown rice (they eat white rice). I think they would be in a similar boat when I tell them that I turned vegan but it's important to show them that you are wayyy happier now with this lifestyle. Live with passion with this lifestyle, and lead by example.

My mother is against it too. She constantly tells me I am nutrient deficient when I am very tired during the day and that veganism is the cause. This simply isn´t true. I have always been a tired person and the past few weeks I have been under a lot of school stress, so me being tired is no miracle.

My friends and sister are supportive and they admire me for it. But my male friends and cousins and brother etc. mock me. As if they have a valid reason. I quote: "I can understand vegetarians in a way, but vegans are just stupid". I asked him why. Why it is stupid to be opposed to cruelty. The answer was just some "as if it is so bad" blah blah.

See, no one has a valid argument against compassion, empathy and health

rant over

Right on with you buddy. I get a lot of shit from my friends, but just realize that it's all about them, not you. Just keep spreading your message, do awesome shit powered by wholesome plant foods and prove them wrong! 

YES! My parent's think I have an eating disorder :( They don't understand how much I eat AND how great it makes me feel. When I try to share the benefits with my family, they get highly offended. I did convince my mother to TRY banana island when I was doing it one week and she made it until the end of day one and insisted she felt too awful to continue so was back to her cheese sandwiches by dinner. Now she REALLY doesn't get it. No one in my family even remotely understands me when it comes to my eating habits. It can be a lonely place. I think often it's better to show than to tell, so I am working on that! :):) Glad to have found this site! 

Families make the best stories. That's why theatre exists haha.

I read this play where the daughter was a vegan. But the way they wrote it was really stereotypical militant vegan who fucks off any sort of mainstream opinion. Random thought.

I think we can make a movie out of this posts guys. Let Maggie Q, Joaquin Phoenix, DurianRider, Vegan Gains and Moby be part of it and play all of our mishaps and shit that we have to deal with.  

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
17 hours ago
allie posted a discussion
21 hours ago
allie posted a photo
21 hours ago
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
yesterday
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
yesterday
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 10
Jun 6
Ronnie Smith posted a blog post
Jun 4
OrganicMark posted a status
"What The Secret Space Force Really Looks Like May Surprise You! 2019-2020 #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XovQZF"
Jun 4
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 3

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service