30 Bananas a Day!

I have been vegan for years and have been raw for about 2 months. I am eating completely raw food the only thing I cant give up is coffee. I tried quitting cold turkey about 3 weeks ago but could not do it because the migraines were so bad.

Any thoughts on this?

Views: 1702

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Coffee, black and green teas are dehydrating.  If you increase your water intake, whether you count smoothies or even diluted juices to how much you should be drinking, you shouldn't have such horrible withdrawal symptoms.

Water intake for a sedentary person: weight divided by two and changed to ounces.  I still don't drink enough, except in the summer. 

I got off of coffee after a serious 5 day migraine, but I still like the smell and the associations of getting together with others, sooo I started drinking PERO with milk.  Yeah, really stupid, but I hate black coffee.  I don't know if it was the milk or the grains (PERO is made with grains) but my back broke out terribly.  I re-gave up both, but at least no headache.  My back is almost all clear again - not a price I'm going to pay!

Anyway, your body is going to go through withdrawals even with weaning.  Depending what you drink, you could easily still be drinking the same amount of caffeine and not actually weaning.  Here's content comparison.  I went from reg. coffee, to reg. organic, to decaffeinated organic, and still decided that caffeine is NOT worth any pain, addiction, or ups-and-downs to anything but cold-turkey.  I just think of that migraine and it's enough for me to not drink anything with caffeine!

You need your own motivation, your own resolve, and your own endeavors to overcome any addiction.  Suggestions and testimonials might serve to help psyche you up, but it's truly only you.  

Speaking of this, I need to go drink my water - thanks for the reminder and best of luck to everyone!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"DUD PARTS Coronavirus testing delayed after kits found to be contaminated by Covid-19 #NoVaccine #organic #fruits https://j.mp/3aDW0ye"
4 hours ago
Samantha Marie Alvarez left a comment for Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid
yesterday
Samantha Marie Alvarez and Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid are now friends
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Biggest Deception On The Whole World EndGame Plan

This will alter our lives and paradigm forever. I know this will shock and disturb most people listening. PERSONAL MESSAGE I WANT ALL MY DONOR BOX SUPPORTERS...
yesterday
Meurig Rowlands is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Samantha Marie Alvarez posted a discussion
yesterday
Mika M is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
"Bahrain, Belgium Report COVID-19 Treatment Touted By Trump Working For Patients #organic #fruits #vegetables #health https://j.mp/39p6zno"
Mar 27
Cassie K and DreamsofFreedom are now friends
Mar 27
Cassie K added a discussion to the group Gardening for food and fun.
Mar 27
Sarah Troyer and Kevin are now friends
Mar 20
"Visualizing The History Of Pandemics... By Death Toll #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #longevity http://j.mp/2x0ghPI"
Mar 18
ednshell commented on OrganicMark's status
Mar 16
Miles Brandon is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 16
Profile IconMichael Taube and lizzie joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 7
Rock replied to pradtf's discussion vegan cats
Feb 29

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service