30 Bananas a Day!

I'm currently my first year in college, and I want to know how I can fully make 811 work. Does anyone have a tips or tricks that may help a college student on a budget?! I would appreciate it! (:

Views: 656

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

-frozen bananas (always have frozen fruit on hand)

-sams club/costco

-shop at private grocery stores(like asian markets) and ask for discounts or deals on "overripe fruit" 

-order dates from batuista dates, thedatepeople, or 7hotdates.com

im in college too and still learning but so far this has worked for me C:

I would have frozen bananas, but I don't have a freezer, and my city doesn't have a costco or sams :/ which is why i'm finding this hard. But thank you for advising asian markets and such things like that, I never even though about that!
Are you in San Antonio?  It looks like there are 3 Sam's Clubs there....
I don't go to school in San Antonio. I have a membership to the costco in San Antonio, but i'm in a small city for school and they don't have one here :/
eat a lot of dates and bananas, and find them as cheap as possible :)  do you live in a dorm, apartment, house?  Maybe you could start a small garden for your greens/tomatoes?
I currently live in a dorm, with a roomie (: I just got my first batch or organic dates in the mail, so I'm looking forward to eating those (:
hmmm...where is your school?
It's in denton, I just looked and they have a sam's club, but I don't have a membership card there, and I doubt my parents will let me get one

I usually take dates and bananas with me :) Yesterday I asked my teacher (5 hour long class) if I could bring a kitchen knife to class to eat my oranges (to avoid spending my break time just peeling :p ) She said it's fine as long as I dont hurt anyone! lol. So I'm going to be able to eat oranges in that class for my dinner :) Or just peel them ahead of time when I find the time for that.

Maybe try to sneak in a salad at class? Sit in the back maybe? but the chewing could probably interfer with asking questions ...

Try to get in a big breakfast so you don't have to eat as much food during class breaks.

Have you checked if your cafeteria offers good fruit? fresh salads?

Do you have a Trader Joes? I get each banana there for 19 cents. That's my staple ! :)

I also have cut back on my clothe shopping spendings

Aw thanks for the help! I usually don't have to take my dinners or lunches to class, because I have all morning classes (: I just need to find a place to get cheap food, our cafeteria actually is 100% vegan, and that would be great...if I was still eating cooked vegan foods... ha but they do always have fresh salad and fruit and its super ripe, except for the bananas, so I just take some every time I go and store them in my room to ripen up (:
Also, at the right time/conversation, let people know how much fruit you eat, how much you love it etc, and who knows! Maybe they'll let you know about their fruit growing in their backyard and close to going to spoil !! They'll ask you to help out haha. Or they will let you know of a good store to get your fruit etc. My roommates buy a lot of veggies but they go to spoil, same with their bananas, so they let me eat some :)

I'm not in college but there's a few youtube videos on the subject. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbgmy7NjyEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ro5aCQIxe0

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
3 hours ago
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
yesterday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service