30 Bananas a Day!

Hey guys,

So I've been doing raw for about 3 weeks now. Mostly going really well, though last week and this week I've added an avocado per day to my diet. So my fat % is a bit on the higher end now.

I'm not sure if it's related to the avocados or just detox, but this past week I've been having a harder time sticking to raw. I'm craving all sorts of junk, especially fatty junk. Actually had chips yesterday. I know my calories are way too low (around 1200) but I'm trying to up it. Just having difficulty stuffing that much food down.

Anyway - the fat cravings... Are they because of the extra fat from the avocados, or is it just detox?

Views: 1680

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Experimenting is the best way to figure out what works for you. Try cutting the avos and seeing if there's a difference.

I've personally found staying raw easier since I've started adding some fats. But I know lots of people feel better without.

I also like avocados but as soon as my fat % increases, I feel sleepy and my digestion is bad.

I think the right amount would be half an avo every other day.

You are not craving junk because of the avocado.  You're craving junk (calories) because you're not eating enough food.  Period.

You have got to get your calories in.  Eat dates (concentrated balls of calories) until your stomach expands.  If you do not start eating more, you will not be able to sustain this diet.

I agree.  If you take out the avocado from what you are eating, then you are only consuming less than 1000 calories per day.  It really isn't enough.  Try to eat more fruits and leafy greens.

go for the calories 2500 and the avocado  in my opinion we need some powerhouse plant fats like avocado

everything works better for me with plant fat in good measure like one small one a day

You need to eat more fruit calories.  Try adding dates--that will help a lot.  Personally, as long as my overt fat comes from Avo or coconut meat and stays at 10%, I am okay.  In fact, I sleep better.  But, I have to have enough calories from fruit and have a bit of fat.  When I went overt fat free for awhile I was really manic, had trouble sleeping and also my cycle went down to every 24 days, which was a pain. (not painful, just inconvenient).
But, I don't go above the 10-12% (12 is super, super rare, as I can tell my biochemistry goes off if my fats go high). 
We are all such tricky beings when we are recovering from years of cooked food and junk food eating. 
2500 calories 80% fruit doesnt' for me, with a we bit of avo or coco meat. :)

Hi Roxanne! Thanks for your excellent question.

It seems to me there may be a couple of things going on here:

- Eating 1200 calories will have you craving denser foods to try to make up for the caloric and nutritional deficiency.

- Eating fatty foods spike dopamine levels in the brain (makes you feel good). After the spike, there's a subsequent dip that will spark cravings for even more fat (to bring the levels back up and feel better). It would feel as if you are "lacking something" and lethargic. It might even make you crave other activities that spike your dopamine.

- If you are eating 1200 calories a day while eating fatty foods, the fat percentages would be way above 10%. This can hinder your metabolism, nutrient absorption, and digestion.

In order to get out of this negative feedback loop, it would be beneficial to go through the feelings of "lack" without eating any fatty (nor spiced) foods and simply make a big smoothie (maybe 12 bananas + berries, or something similar) that will make you feel better. The next day it will be easier to stay away from the fats,the day after even easier, and so on. Also make sure you are exercising enough (even going for walks help), drinking lots of water, suntanning, going to sleep early, etc. Hope this helps, Roxanne! 

Love and peace,
George

Nice explanation George.  What he wrote is very true, Roxanne. :-)

Hi George,

Thank you so much for this, this is exactly what I needed. Will up the calories.

+1

And it's easy to get the calories you need by eating small frequent meals through the day of high cal fruits.  For instance 2 large mangoes every hour for 7 hours would be 2800 calories approximately, (weigh your food to get most accurate calorie info.).

Thank you everyone. I'll definitely up the calories by quite a bit.

eat dates!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Frugisaurus replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
17 hours ago
Frugisaurus's photo was featured
yesterday
ednshell commented on ednshell's video
yesterday
ednshell posted a video

Why Smoothies are the Solution to Nourishment

From a live phone wellness consultation. I was coaching my client on how to get his greens and omega-3s in (flax oil because of sensitivity to seeds). While ...
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
ednshell replied to Frugisaurus's discussion Digestion on High Raw VS RT4/Starch based
yesterday
OrganicMark posted a status
""I See No Future Here": Migration To Taiwan Surges 28% As Hong Kong Residents Flee #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31RVJTO"
yesterday
Blue Coutell is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
"Chinese Social Credit Score Prevents 2.5 Million "Discredited Entities" From Buying Plane Tickets #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/30tZWNf"
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"12 Reasons Why Negative Rates Will Devastate The World #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/31FPK4a"
Sunday
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
Friday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Aug 12
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Aug 12
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service