30 Bananas a Day!

I'm just wandering what others think about alcohol and the social life. I used to like having a beer with friends and neighbors, nothing radical, just in a social way with neighbors of all different ages. We lived on the beach and the community was really beautiful, young and old all friends. But it was generally accepted that the Men would share a beer and the women a wine. By 10PM we would all be in bed so we were not into it for partying or drunkeness, just a social thing.

ATM I live remote in the wilderness so do not have the temptation, but I'm wandering what others feel about alcohol? Is it OK to have a few on the odd occasion considering the health impacts? Do others here follow LFRV and occasionally drink alcohol? Do some of you who follow this lifestyle eat totally healthy, but on occasion go out and party? I'm sure because our bodies are very clean and sensitive having too much would be very easy, and the hangovers insane. But as a social thing in Australia atleast, having a few with your mates is as common and accepted as a Frenchman riding his bike to the Hot bread shop in the morning. I know too in Spain where my sister lives alcohol is a common accompaniment to meals (albeit cooked meals) and nightly meetups, so do we avoid these gatherings, or do we bend with the bamboo, or stick with water and juice?

So be honest, share your truth, I'm sure it will help many of us realise many things about living so healthy amongst a society that is not so.

Views: 2315

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I always party hard... in front of my computer... playing a video game... in almost complete silence.

hahahah! +1

Being of European descent, I used to love my Guinness and Red wine, however... when I tried to have some over the holidays after being raw vegan, I got violently ill :(   Now I hate the way it makes me feel.  Going raw made me SO much more sensitive to all substances.  Besides alcohol is technically "poison".  My body loves me now, I'd hate to make it mad again! haha

an oxidizing toxin that does more damage to the brain cells than all other drugs in fact

pop pop pop

Been dry for over 20 years.

Once you remove yourself from it you realize booze is for emotional losers and waste of money/health.

Take Care,

booze free for over 10 years. More social than ever before. Most of my social life is on the bike or at running races.

I just dont have time to waste escaping reality via booze and talking a lot but not really saying anything.

Been there, done that.

Just got life time to live these days. Besides, there is enough boring drunks or semi drunk sheep out there to keep the other sheep company. 

Sorry sheep. ;)

Everyday is the day. Life is the party. Every moment is a celebration.

I stay sober cause I prefer to remember the fun I've had :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service