30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone, :)

I am hosting a fruit festival in January in Tanzania. I have a non profit here called village to village, and work to assist the local community by alleviating the effects of poverty where possible. I also run an animal rescue center to assist the local animals too, be they domestic, wild of semi wild alike! My two friends and fruit lovers, James and Lydia from the UK had the idea of a fruit festival here, and by chance a mutual friend connected us, and Afruitcan roots was born! 

You can check out the site for the event here......... www.Afruitcanroots.org............ the idea is that it will incorporate volunteering to support the work I do here. You can check out the work on the following sites: www.facebook.com/sharetanzania .......... www.facebook.com/kilimanjaroanimalrescue ............... www.v2vtanzania.org 

A little about Afruitcanroots! :)

Afruitcan Roots is a one of a kind non-profit event during January 12th - 25th for people all over the world to come together and celebrate all life through the sharing of our ancestral and dietary origins whilst giving back to the local community. The event will take place at the table top of Africa, in the foot hills of Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. It is being created in part with John from, Uchira Childrens' Fund and Kilimanjaro Animal Rescue to ensure that all of the funds from the event go direct to were they are needed in the local community.

Activities during the two week event, will include both voluntary activities for Uchira Childrens' Fund and Kilimanjaro Animal Rescue such as building Uchira's first public library, planting fruit trees in the village's exhibition permaculture garden, and teaching local children. There will also be plenty of relaxation and enjoyment including trips to areas of outstanding natural beauty, group fitness activities, and time to get to know each other.

There will be an abundance of fruit available 24 hours a day including staple fruits like banana and mango, but also including some less familiar tropical fruits. Attendees will also have the opportunity to visit a banana plantation where over 30 varieties of banana are grown, and to visit the Moshi fruit market where they may be astounded by exotic fruits they may have never seen or heard of before.

Much love all :) x

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this looks awesome! :)

This sounds soo awesome!

All success to you!

That was a spammer, and obviously an Mensa member one at that ;)

I'll send it to you for a lol

Did this ever end up happening?

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Trump knocks Mueller out of the ring #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UCShJb"
Monday
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
Sunday
Laticia Gibson is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
"You’re Not Dying – It’s the Schumann Resonance! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2HuGyZu"
Mar 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Mar 11
Milos Stepita posted a discussion
Mar 10
"Q - The Plan To Save The World REMASTERED #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2TjAGtr"
Mar 7
Profile IconPedro Ceron and Jacob Young joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Mar 4
Mar 4
RawVeganGamer posted a discussion
Mar 3
Avi commented on TheBananaGirl's page THE RAW TILL 4 DIET EBOOK
Mar 1
Profile IconAvi and Joyce joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 28
"WHY? Massive Blasts Hitting Earth Continually w/ Dani Arnold-McKenny #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2To6VHf"
Feb 27
Feb 26
Profile IconTara nuru and Jami joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 25

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service