30 Bananas a Day!

I want to adventually run 5 miles per day, right now I can run up to 3 in 30 minutes. Any advice for trying to run more?

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rule #1: Train with people who are better runners than you.

I second this. I just joined Cross Country & before I could run what you can, 2 weeks later and I'm a much stronger runner.

In the span of 30 minutes? Or just farther? There are a couple of techniques to approach this.

BTW, running with people who are better than you is not necessarily an end all statement. You wouldn't train with elite level Kenyans on any select day, right? ;)

Yes I would, and I would become a superior runner from doing it. 

On the open road, the Kenyans would leave me in the dust, but we could workout together in the gym, on the track, and spending time with them away from running would give me an invaluable look into their lifestyle and mindset. 100% this would make me a stronger runner, and would be worth many thousands of dollars.

You would crush me in the swimming pool Eli, but I would become a much better swimmer if I came to your workouts every morning at 530AM. 

Just like I became a better swimmer sharing the pool with elite swimmers in the SoCal Masters swim club, even though I was 15 lanes down learning to swim, and they were training for the olympics. Those years at the pool, watching them warmup, asking them questions, watching their technique underwater, etc, CHANGED MY LIFE. I went from being able to barely swim, to being able to swim 5 miles in the ocean, never having swam on a swim team in school, never having done a single "swim meet" in my entire life. 

Just like I became a stronger runner running along side elite ironman triathletes who I saw out running, recording their stride, talking to them...

People who know me try to make a big deal out of "how active I am", simply because they fail to understand how easy it becomes once you surround yourself with the right people. 

The beauty of it all, is that so many people are afraid of their own potential, afraid of trying to truly be their best, that when you meet elite athletes, or even just ask questions to local weekend warriors who are better than  you, and ask them about training tips, suggestions, they will often be more than happy to help you out...... because they see how hard you train, how bad you want it, and how positive your mind is. 

I learned to swim from an olympic silver medalist who ran  a swim program. even when attendance was down and I was the only one who showed up for rainy workouts at an outdoor pool, he would come out and push me, train me, as though I mattered. He changed how I see the world, thankfully he didn't see someone like me who was learning to swim, as a waste of his time.

PS: I get advice/coaching/tips/encouragement from everyone I can! Whoever has an approach or technique or lesson I can apply to what I'm doing I try to ask lots of questions. I'm 32, I particularly like to train with people who are in their 50s or 60s, like my friend who does ironmans in her free time when she's not looking after her 3 kids! 

I'm a very motivated person. About a year ago I would workout pretty much all day doing thing like sprints and some lifting and then some active games and I loved it so much. I'm getting back into it and I feel amazing doing it! Fear of over exerting myself is always there though

Oh knoes someone once said once you can run 3 miles your hooked......

it rang pretty true for me. 

My advice keep it simple its not a race. I started a couple years ago and once i got up to 3 miles I new it was for me. I run every singly day I average around 55-60 miles a week. I'd like to up it myself if I can find the time. Listen to your body but dont be afraid to push yourself. It gets a lot easier the more you run the faster you get to some degree. I'm considerably faster then when i started.

at this point with this diet I'm not sure what my limits are I have not met them yet.

I guess my answer is if you want to run more my advice is to well umm run more. Do you want to go for longer ? you can try doing a 3 mile run in the morning then a 3 mile or less in the afternoon do that here and there when you feel comfy combine those 2 runs. I set daily goals for myself and never let myself run any less then them wtvr they are at the time. 

and CARB UP! TODAYS CARBS ARE TOMMORROWS GLYCOGEN. YOu wanna crank out miles CRANK THE CARBS! Sometimes as I stuff my face with carbs all i can think about is how awesome there gonna make tommorrows run :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Fed Prints Hundreds Of Billions For Repo, Majority Of US Banks At Risk Of Failure In Next Downturn #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2MGiJjV"
5 hours ago
Allison Frances and Jessica are now friends
17 hours ago
"As Liquidity Evaporates, Fed's Third Bill POMO Is 5.5 Oversubscribed, Most Yet #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2Jd6RDz"
yesterday
"Navy Patents UFO-Like Compact Nuclear Fusion Reactor and Hybrid Space/Sea Crafts #evolution #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2qtNgbW"
Sunday
Aysel is now friends with Houdini Steve Owens and Sugalena
Oct 16
"Why the 2008 Housing Crisis Recovery Is Just an Illusion (w/ Keith Jurow) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2ODSZ93"
Oct 16
"Not Transitory - Fed Liquidity Handout Surges To Near $90 Billion #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/35F4Sl5"
Oct 16
Frugisaurus and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Oct 15
Michael Lanfield posted a video

Return to the Gentle Sea by Michael Lanfield with Music by Dr. Will Tuttle, PhD (Full Audiobook)

Return to the Gentle Sea: For the Love That Lives in Everyone is a book on spiritual healing and cultural transformation on the human relationship to nonhuman animals. It explains how living in a herding culture, eating animals and their secretions,…
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield commented on ednshell's video
Oct 14
Michael Lanfield and Olga are now friends
Oct 14
Raw Aussie Athlete and Lil Green Coconut are now friends
Oct 14
ednshell replied to Tams's discussion Best vegan retreats ?
Oct 13
ednshell posted a video

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

This award-winning film documents the real story on smart meters. + Subscribe for free EMF guide & help stop 'smart' meters and 5G: https://TakeBackYourPower...
Oct 13
ednshell posted a discussion
Oct 13
Profile Iconmichael wilson, Savannah Holte, tori jacobs and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Oct 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service