30 Bananas a Day!

i always eat white rice.. i boil it until the water is gone and then eat some lettuce followed by that rice straight from the pan.. but recently i've started eating corn-rice pasta with some tomatosauce from a jar and some wraps with rice and beans, lettuce and sweet chili sauce etc...  now the plain rice is less appealing as if it ever was..

Do you have tips on adding taste to it simple, cause i'm not putting much effort into making stuff cause whenever i do it ends up crap, a big waste of energy/money.

i see DR and freelee eat soy sauce, but isn't that full of glutamates which is bad?

Anyway maybe a vague description, but i think the question is clear.

Views: 1165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i was considering to put the lettuce through the rice too with the carrots and mushrooms, but eventually i didn't do it, maybe next time.

wow.. thanks for commenting everyone i'll try stuff out.. today i put pieces of steamed carrot and mushroom through it, but that wasn't really much better, eatible, but just white rice is that too..

i use my sweet potato sauce or cilantro or i make sweet chilli sauce and dump it all over :D

I also serve it w/ potatoes, corn, spring onion, and peppers.

i was considering pouring the sweet chili sauce over it, but i bought organic sweet chili sauce, i had a head ache when i ate my wraps.. i think it's from the guargom or xanthan crap that's in there.

With making it myself the problem is probably getting the right ingredients especially since i only eat organic.

I like to make a coconut curry to go with my rice. I use low sodium low fat veggie broth and heat that up with some garlic and ginger, and onion. Then, I will add curry powder (you can find all kinds that have no salt and no added msg). Then, if I want other veggies I will steam them separately. Such as: potatoes, bell peppers, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, corn, and the list goes on. Then add 1/2 a can of lite (low fat) coconut milk to the broth. Add basil and parsley and pepper. Then, don't forget to add about 1/4 cup or so of coconut sugar or raw sugar to the broth mixture.  When it's all hot and smells amazing- you can add your steamed veggies to it and let them combine for a few minutes. there you go, delicious!!!!!! If you like the broth mixture a little thicker you can add about 1/4 cup of water that has been mixed with 3 TB of rice flour, add it to your broth mixture and let it cook for 10 minutes as you constantly stir it. It will thicken just like if you were making a gravy. Hope you like this recipe. Toppings could also include fresh bean sprouts, chopped nuts, or toasted sesame seeds.

Yesterday i made something that tasted great.. i grabbed a bunch of lettuce out of the garden washed it, cut it in pieces and spread on the plate, a thick layer of lettuce, covered it with rice threw some steamed carrots cut into pieces over it and threw a bunch of thai chili sauce over it..

perfect.

lime and cilantro. pineapple juice is always delish!! any fresh herb or spice will be great.

best thing ever: I add raw tomatoes cut into very little tiny pieces and some herbs and that tastes awesome.

also, raw banana with the hot rice - delish <3

With my rice I do curry powder, very little low sodium soy sauce, and tons of lime! Yes lime or lemon replaces the need for salt

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

ednshell posted a discussion
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"A CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2uRCmzd"
Monday
Rock posted a discussion
Monday
"Coronavirus EXPOSED By Del Bigtree - What You Are NOT Being Told! #NoVaccine #organic #fruits #vegetables #health http://j.mp/2SMEe4c"
Sunday
ednshell posted a video

Even Smart Doctors Can Say the Stupidest Things

In other words, share what you KNOW not what you THINK! I address this issue in my book Goodbye Autoimmune Disease - how all the arguments against my smoothi...
Saturday
Abbigayle is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Saturday
Profile IconCharlie Bullock and gunel ismayilova joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 13
Calico Pete left a comment for Angela Hogan
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Calico Pete
Feb 10
Angela Hogan posted a status
"Eating a banana."
Feb 10
Angela Hogan left a comment for Banana Boy
Feb 10
Profile IconVIDHYAPRAKASH and Banana Boy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 9
Keshara Alleyne and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
Jan 29
Keshara Alleyne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 25
"Giuliani: I can't sit by and watch my country be sold out by Joe Biden #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/36nb5l4"
Jan 25
Calico Pete is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jan 23

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service