A considerable amount of time and effort has gone into the planning of this trip and I'd like to share what I hope to be a life changing experience with all of you.
I have two main goals with this thread:
1. I'd like to let everyone know that I plan to make this thread a reflection of reality updating my thoughts and feelings as they happen to provide both excitement and anticipation. This allows for the possibility that things do not go as planed or may be disappointing to give a more true sense of the experience being had. I hope to have other members of the family contribute their thoughts and feelings to strengthen the overall perspective.
2. At the end of the trip I'd like have a separate section to give what I hope to be valuable feedback, reporting on each destination and giving my recommendations about a particular place we stayed or part of the country.
When will I post?
I will do my best to write things down daily and they will get posted whenever possible. It is my hope that most days there will be a post.
I'd caution 2 things:
1. The internet is unstable in many of the somewhat remote places we are going.
2. Tiskita has no internet, phone, etc. and I will not be posting during the time I am there.
What follows below?
This first section serves as the outline for this thread. Where are we staying, for how long, where are these places located.
1. Turtle Beach Lodge in the Tortuguero area
2. Tiskita Lodge on the south pacific coast near Panama (not Tiskita Jungle Lodge)
3. Finca Luna Nueva near the La Fortuna/Arenal volcano area
4. Finca de Vida close to San Isidro.
5. San Jose the capital city
The trip is from January 5th to January 17th.
Jan 5th - Jan 7th
Jan 8th - Jan 10th
Jan 11th - Jan 13th
Jan 14th - Jan 16th
5. Jan 17th