30 Bananas a Day!

I have been trying my hand at raw food and juicing since the early 90s. All i read for years were the bragg books (all seem very dated when i browse through them now) and Norman Walker. Now in retrospect, i dont regret staying uninformed somewhat and living the high fat raw food dream, but its over now.

After reading Douglas N. Grahams book, 80/10/10, ive found a missing piece of my puzzle that has cleared up some culinary chaos affecting my health. Much of what id told myself were cleansing reactions, were my body being subjected to too much fat. 

ive fasted plenty during my time here. Only once on just water (for five days). Usually a modified master cleanse (cayenne pepper ive been leaving out for a while now) or just a juice fast with green juice. This is the only time i really feel good.

Now though, i eat according to Dr. Grahams plan (im grateful for the menu plans) and feel just as good as I do when I fast. Better really, because, when I fast I get really ungrounded and spacey. Not when I eat 80/10/10.

Im exited about my new life course ive embarked upon. Im new to it , however, and cannot claim Ive given up all the raw food crutches ive been leaning on for so long. The ones i agonize over are (in order of importance) wheatgrass (i grow it), acv (i grow it), and my dehydrator.

Alas, those are just attachments. Attachments cause suffering. Imagine the chi flow when I throw out all superfluous items in my kitchen. 

Views: 441

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice to meet you and welcome!

thanks.

if you like wheatgrass, i dont think whatgrass is really a bad habit and you can still use your dehydrator for other things im sure

yes like making raw chocolate!

Hi, Jesse! I'm just wondering, what is acv? I know that lots of 8-1-1ers also juice, even though it's not true Doug style. Is there some reason for thinking that wheatgrass would hinder you on this lifestyle? Also, if you're going to throw out your dehydrator, could I have it? Just kidding, but there really are times when some fruits are in surplus when a dehydrator would come in handy! Dehydrated fruit isn't optimal, but a little bit here and there can be nice- I had some soaked dried mulberries in my banana cereal today, pretty yummy!

apple cider vinegar. I'm not going to quit wheat grassing. i love it, and miss it when its not around . I'm keeping to the low fat, but going to be stubborn about my other stuff. neural pathways too deeply cut. not eating a lot of nuts or avocados increases my chi enormously so I'm glad i found out about this. 

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"US Existing Home Sales Slump For 13th Straight Month #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UPQZyH"
yesterday
Stephen James's photo was featured
Monday
Profile Iconnarinder singh, Steve99 and Akira joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
Windlord's 2 photos were featured
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
ednshell commented on Ben Trovato's video
Sunday
Rock commented on Jacob Hafer's blog post ATTENTION: Potential Partner Fruitarian Females Please See
Saturday
Rock replied to Reese's discussion Can you still have detox symptoms eating 50% raw and 50% sad
Saturday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion The Gender Knot, veganism, and liberalism.
Saturday
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Acupuncture and chiropractic on animals is pseudo-science animal cruelty.
Saturday
Rock replied to Silvery's discussion What are good techniques in not letting the bananas over ripe?
Saturday
Charlie joined gmb's group
Friday
Andreea is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
"Where Is Inflation Hiding? In Asset Prices! #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2VSkM6E"
Apr 18
"World Trade Suffers Biggest Collapse Since Financial Crisis #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2vajA2w"
Apr 18
"Banks Prepare to Take Your Money ⚠️ Bail-ins Exposed, Economic Collapse Update #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2UA4Ucg"
Apr 18

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service