30 Bananas a Day!

I have been doing this for at least 4 months, with some fully raw days here and there, and so far loving it.
I had my thyroid out in December and even though I am a very active person, the weight is slowly creeping on.
I am more concerned with my health than I am about my weight, as I also suffer from a lot of intestinal problems, and some days still have a lot of trouble and pain, I am truly hoping that this lifestyle cures me of these issues.
Anyway, my real question is this:
I have around 1800 cals or more of fruit during the day, then have a cooked dinner of around 600 cals.
I am worried that maybe my cooked calories is too high.
Any thoughts on this? I often feel very bloated after dinner and even though I keep it simple, and am literally NEVER hungry when I wake up.
I drink at least 4 litres of water a day.
I am thinking of experimenting with cutting down the dinner calories and adding more raw.
Keep in mind, I say 'around' because some days I eat a lot more fruit and a lot more dinner.

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Liv :)

When you say you got your thyroid checked do you mean there is an issue there. I have thyroid issues too and I started this lifestyle about 2 months ago. I am hungrier on some days more so than others. I can easily knock back 4000 calories on high carb vegan food if I feel I need to, especially around that time of the month but usually I average out to about 2500 calories. Don't worry about the calories. Eat when you feel you need to. You might gain a little weight in the beginning but it is not permanent. Only eat more raw food if you feel you want to. I keep telling myself in the beginning of the week to eat all raw food but when I get to my "start date" I just don't want to. I think you will continue to stay on the wagon if you eat what you feel like eating that day whether it is raw or cooked.

Skylei, I had to have my thyroid removed. It grew huge and was choking me, and was all behind my breastbone too. So I am on permanent thyroid replacement.
I have trouble with my stomach being enormous from the minute I wake up, everything I eat makes it worse.
I have no intention of getting off the wagon, I will find a way to make this lifestyle work for me.
I know I am on the right path, but have had a lot of trouble with my intestines for maybe the last 3 years, it's awful. I wonder if it's IBS, or just my body hating me for years of mistreatment.

Depends on what cooked calories you're eating I'd say. If it's low fat/ whole foods then 600 calories is nothing! A lot of veg actually digests much better when cooked. 

thanks Crapa,

I eat rice and veggies, or corn pasta with a fat free tomato sauce, or potatoes that have been steamed and oven baked etc.

No added fat or salt :)

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"URGENT Message to the President #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XtuLDb"
7 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Jun 19
allie posted a discussion
Jun 19
allie posted a photo
Jun 19
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service