30 Bananas a Day!

Is eating 500g of dates daily too much? It's about 1400cals. The reason I ask is because they are obviously not as fresh as other fruits such as bananas, apples etc. They are not the typical 'dried' dates you'd get from supermarkets but they have been slightly dried. I also find them quite addictive. Does anyone else find think this too?

Views: 1971

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe that variety is key.  If you're eating so many dates that you're no longer eating a good variety of fruits/veg throughout the year, then you may want to re-consider.

You're eating other foods, too, right? Sounds fine. Nothing wrong with dates, though you should brush well after eating them and as Bart says, find some variety over the course of the year. Ever try the fresher ones you can get online?

Yes I am eating other foods too...The 'fresher' ones are the ones that I get but they are still not exactly totally fresh. They are still a bit dried and chewy.

I didn't love dates until I ordered them offline. I found deglet noor are not that great fresh either, but there are soo many detectable varieties! I have not tried eatting 500g, but normally 200-300g at a sitting. I drink a lot of water prior and some during. I love dateorade, but sadly it doesn't love me back. Therefore, I eat dates and drink water. 

Definitely think the same as the other responses keep variety in your diet and greens. You could even use dates as a caramely dip for Apples, celery, or bananas. Yum. I just made myself hungry. Which my lunch is pumpkin date "pie". Yummy

I have been eating that much daily for lunch since last month.

I sure hope not, as I've been eating about 500g/day of them as well. They're so addictive. I have a long-standing love affair with sugar, so dates really hit the spot. It's funny -- I still have this phantom feeling of guilt sometimes when I'm eating dates since I used to feel that way after binging on candy and other sweets. I often have to pause and reassure myself that this is actually healthy haha.

I find that with dried fruits all you need to do is increase your water intake, I eat a lot of dried fruits (figs, dates, pineapple rings, goji, raisins, craisins, ect...) and it is about 75% of my diet. I try to drink as much as 6-8 liters of water a day.

not when I am just eating them. but I soak them over night if I am adding them into a smoothie.

Apples have that effect on me, I will eat a few and next I know I would have eaten like 3 pounds of them. But it might just be because I love them.

I know right. I used to work at an apple orchard, the largest one in New Brunswick.  I managed the warehouse and managed the pickers. I had access to all the apples I could eat for free. For almost 4 years I was eating about 5 pounds a day.

500g of dates a day!!! ARE YOU CRAZY! Thats WAY too much sugar!!!! Fruitarian diet is about LOW sugar fruits like bitter melons and chinese sour fruits.

Watch the dates. They are addictive. Better to fill up on tart apples.

Blending dates in water to make datorade is the same as drinking booze. Every month now we see 'DA' clinics opening around the world. Datorade Anonymous is worth signing up.

We try and battle our date addiction every day but living with Freelee the date gobbler means Im only good for a few hours. I do my best to fill up on phentermine pills and tart apples but eventually I cave in and before you know it, Im seeding dates and pouring water into the blender jug with my hands trembling. I don't know what do to. Maybe a landmark forum course will help???

hahahahahahah

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconHeather and Ken Ebacher joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Eileen A. Murphy posted a status
"Just ate my first banana, today!"
Tuesday
Profile IconEileen A. Murphy and Evan Vallee joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Housing Bubble 2.0 - Foreclosure Filings Up in 17 States - Fannie Mae Sells Off Critical Inventory #peace #truth #now http://bit.ly/2Hskhez"
Sunday
Meredith is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 17
Profile IconFedor Malkin and Karmenac33 joined 30 Bananas a Day!
May 16
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
May 15
Pete Braglia and ednshell are now friends
May 14
Kelly's photo was featured
May 14
Pete Braglia is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 14
ednshell posted a discussion
May 11
Windlord's photo was featured
May 11
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Now you can't be vegan 'cause... Mineral levels in plants are depleted. LifeRegenerator lacks sense

LifeRegenerator appears on RawKristina's video and repeats what an anti-vegan told me days before... that mineral levels in plant foods have depleted by 85 percent
May 11
Valentin Otto is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
May 11

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service