30 Bananas a Day!

So I bought a full case(Driscoll's, 12 packs) of organic raspberries, a few packs of organic blackberries and 2 packs of organic blueberries... i intended to indulge, but reality has made my imagination seem puny once again. I ate them all in one day. The berries were primarily what I ate yesterday. I would love to do this more often, but currently do not have 50$ to slam down my throat everyday. I'm curious as to why I've yet to discover someone eating berry mono meals. Is it for financial reasons or others in which i'm ignorant to? i cant help but to assume that it is entirely nourishing to the cells. 

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Expensive, smoothies from frozen is a fair bit cheaper.

but would a day of a  mass quantity of berries be ideal if one could afford it?

yeah, might be difficult to eat a sufficient amount

Yeah the calories are pretty low so the cost is enormous.  I could easily eat a whole bag of my organic frozen berries.  The blackberries I get are 3# for about $9, but its only about 900 calories.  The other bags I can get are about $10 and three pounds would take a while to eat, except in a mono smoothie, but again, even the whole bag would be only 900 cal.  So one or two bags is 20-30$ a day, even at wholesale prices.  I spend a lot on food but not that much. I do eat berries in almost every smoothie though. I do about a cup per 5 bananas or so and am obsessed with it.  Not mono but good enough for me at this time.  :)

its challenging for me to refrain from buying them all. due to living in ohio, i've been deprived of the beloved fresh organic berries, and i'm used to 3.50$ for a tiny 170g package. now theyre getting loads of them in stock priced @ 2 for 5. they're surprisingly pretty ripe for supermarket food. at least the ones i get.. lol before buying, i go through multiple packs of strawberries & blackberries to sort out the nicest, most plump and ripe ones. the raspberries and blueberries only require a quick glance and a few pinches. i've been scolded by workers for doing this, but i'm not going to pay for excessively sour, acidic & unripe food. i always have the receipt for when that happens. my local grocery store hates me for how often i return their low quality, unacceptable fruit. i actually had to argue, for an hour, to get my money back the other day.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
13 hours ago
ednshell posted a discussion
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"The Ugly Truth About Deutsche Bank's Stock Chart #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2XpbXVK"
Thursday
ednshell replied to allie's discussion Facial brushing damage?
Thursday
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Anger BROUGHT the JUSTICE to Washington DC. Jon Stewart (who's pro-vegan) shames leaders for 9' straight

Jon Stewart & 911 responders go to Washington D.C. for health funding, and faces empty chairs. He gives a 9 minute rant, shaming the Congressional leaders. S...
Tuesday
allie posted a discussion
Tuesday
allie posted a photo
Tuesday
Paul Rodgers replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Jun 18
Paul Rodgers replied to Silvery's discussion Is it safe to eat the water that you use to boil brocolli and cabbage?
Jun 18
YellowEmperor and Courtney Beth are now friends
Jun 17
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Jun 17
Melissa Grace replied to Melissa Grace's discussion Vegan and Raw Vegan Eco-village(s) “Total Union”
Jun 14
Paul Rodgers posted a video

Megan Elizabeth and drewmorg - vegan traitors trash high-raw-vegans

drewmorg has recently interviewed Megan Elizabeth. There was talk of Megan's diet which now includes meat, and more,
Jun 13
Erick Goodman is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Jun 13
Melissa Grace posted a discussion
Jun 13
Jun 10

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service