30 Bananas a Day!

Can anyone, please, offer some advice or guidance ... I am stuck and unhappy

here's some background

I learned about 811 about 3 years ago and jumped on the wagon immediately, 100%

I was not under-eating or restricting calories, I was drinking 2-3L of water a day, eating lots of greens, properly combining, mostly monos and very simple savoury salads, no overts, nuts, salt, or any other condiments, supplements, etc ... 

For 3 months I saw no improvements of any kind - energy levels, clear eyes, smooth skin, weight loss ... nothing, it all

I guess I got discouraged ... and that whole year, I would fall of the wagon, almost in precise increments, every 3-4 weeks, eating vegetarian cooked

Then I would go on banana-romaine islands for weeks at a time, eating well over 3500 cal and drinking water and exercising every day, trying to flush out the cooked food and the cravings.

In between the islands I wanted more variety, so I would splurge on all kinds of tropical and exotic, organic fruit. Still all proper hcrv-811.

I stuck to that cycle, no cheating, for most of 2011 but still saw no improvements. 

I craved even more variety and so for a few months this year I tried eating cooked potatoes, plantains and steamed cauliflower and corn in the evening (no salt or oil, just plain) but that did nothing either, in terms of improvements.

I'm wondering about the people that are transitioning or are not 100% in this and still get some benefits! HOW?

I am also fascinated how some of my friends are slim and they look great while they're out there, enjoying life and not restricting themselves in any way, while I'm miserable because I ALWAYS have this on my mind, thinking where to get ripe fruit and how I shouldn't even combine tomatoes with carrots or would a pineapple give me sore mouth or would any such painstaking details finally get me to where I want to be. So frustrating!

I always watch Freelee's and Durianrider's youtube videos for inspiration and I can't imagine any more eating any other way because now they and these raw mantras are embedded in my mind ... But I was HAPPIER as a cooked vegetarian.

I am not seeing any improvements, I am tired, my eyes are blood-shot, I have cravings, I am still struggling with weight and I recently I thought that I probably hate the fact that I stumbled upon 811 at all :(

Views: 2755

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think this is a mental issue, not saying you're mental or crazy just that you might be focusing to hard on weight loss or what have you. I  was super lean and fit under 10% body fat on a "whole foods diet" alot of chicken breast, fish, veggies, and fruit. When I went full 80/10/10 my energy went way up and I lost 10 pounds in two weeks body fat % is still slowly dropping. But I have a clear mind and I'm happy and postive  mentally. I strive to reach my maximum potential in life. I am not doing this because freelee and the durianrider are thriving healthy or because someone told me this is what I should do for any particular reason. I'm doing this because I want this and I feel great about what I'm doing, I don't crave any junk or feel deprived in any way shape or form. You must ask your self if this is what you truly want. Please don't force your self to do anything. This is so very important, you must feel truly happy and fully satisfied about what you're doing or it will never work. Good luck, just do what feel's right! Weston

Hey, I am not a pro either but it sounds like it has a lot to do with your mindset.

Maybe this can help you? http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/weight-loss/h...

In the 801010 book, Doug Graham lists a lot of factors besides food which are important for health. Maybe you can have a look at them and see if you are missing some of them?

Good luck!

Steffi

Hi there! 

I would suggest: 

1. Have a journal! Every morning when you wake up right down at least 5 things in your life right now that you are thankful for. If you feel like it's such a task just meditate for a while and think of even just 5 things at that moment that you are truly thankful for. Feel them. Be happy for them. And focus on them.

2. Have a vision book. What are you aiming for in your life. You definitely must have something... that burning desire or dream within you that you desperately want to have. Have that as a goal for doing this lifestyle not the physical results.

Last but not the least..(and i would say the most important thing of all)...

3. Have some FUN!!! Blast out some music and dance your heart out. When was the last time you did something creative. Even if it's just doing something silly like doodling stick drawings or painting something abstract or making a collage. Does having fun with your friends really have to involve eating outside. Do something more exciting. Go paintballing, wall climbing, horse back riding..... other things that are more exciting than going in to a restaurant. When was the last time you did something that you really LOVE. Something that when you do it it's like the whole world shuts down for a moment 'cause just having so much fun on what you're doing. 

Life is the most exciting adventure you'll ever have. Seize and enjoy that adventure. You only have one life to live so start LIVING each day of your life. That is where you're focus should be NOT on food.

Hope you're having a blast for the day :D 

Bliss you and HUGS!!! :D

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
18 hours ago
fruity78 posted a discussion
18 hours ago
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
ednshell commented on Rawgasm's group No mobile phones
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"One Bank Finally Admits The Fed's "NOT QE" Is Indeed QE... And Could Lead To Financial Collapse #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2NQ5Jsc"
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Thursday
Thursday
Kris and Kevin are now friends
Wednesday
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Tuesday
Tuesday
Tuesday
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
Tuesday
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service