30 Bananas a Day!

I haven’t had a blood test for at least 5 years or more and haven’t been feeling as good as I did for the first 2.5 years on this diet, so thought I’d get a test to see if there are any problems.  One thing I was expecting to be low but hoping a long water fast I did a year ago had fixed were my B12 levels.  I’ve been vegan for the majority of the last 14 years and always had to supplement as an initial test way back in the first few years came back with a level of 90.  180 is considered to be the minimum here in Australia but I hear it’s as high as 550 in other parts of the world. 

So here’s my new level;

Vitamin B12        86           (> 180)                  pmo1/L

I’m officially on shots as of now which I had hoped to avoid.

As for the rest of the test I’m just listing the levels that were flagged as being “abnormal” on the results. 

Urea                      1.1          (2.5 – 8.0)            mmo1/L

T.Protein             58           (60 – 82)               g/L

Albumin               32           (35 – 50)               g/L

ALP                        131         (30 – 120)            U/L

Under these results was the following text;

“ELECTROLYTES

Low urea may be due to reduced protein intake, malabsorption or liver disease.

LIVER FUNCTION

Mild elevation of ALP may occur in response to a wide variety of medications, infectious and inflammatory conditions and early bone disease.”

So if any of you raw blood experts out there have any insights to what these results indicate please let me know!

Thanks,

Stephen

Views: 3312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah good point.  My main concern with these other levels (other than B12) is that I had no idea what they were or related to.  Thanks for the info!

I found this vid illuminating about b12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuM3CfY3qHM&feature=channel_vide...

You might wish to learn about intrinsic factor, something produced by the body that allows it to assimilate b12 properly.  Some folks, like Harls, have a genetic issue with this, and thus must supplement regardless of how good their diet is. 

Good call on staying informed on your bloods.  Keep in mind that due to the long time span in between it and your last test, that you're really setting your baselines again.  By tracking more regularly from now on, you'll be able to begin to notice trends.

Hey thanks, I was looking through Harley's vids for that info.  I was hoping I didn't fall into the same category which is why I persisted going sup free for so long.  I hate that now I once again am supporting the pharmaceutical industry. 

Hi Stephen

Sorry I don't have any helpful info, hope the shots give you a health boost!

Was it easy to get tested and get a course of shots in Melbourne? Was it reasonably priced?

Thanks

Safi

Hey Safi,

As long as you have a medicare card the tests are free at any bulk billing medical centre but the shots cost $14 for a pack of 3 injections.  So it's costly initially to boost levels (daily for a week and then tapering off eventually to one every month or 2) but then in the long run not much at all for maintenance.

thanks... and the Dr was open to getting tested etc? Thanks for info..

Yeah I just said I wanted my B12 tested as I've had issues with it in the past.  Didn't seem to have any issues with doing it.

They look pretty good bro. Like I said in Bangkok, do a course of b12 shots for sure. We turned out apartment into a bit of a shooting gallery after you left lol!

All the things except b12 are nothing to worry about as your just on the edge. Its when we dip right over that its more of an issue. Get on the b12 shots this week. Clinton's b12 was in the high 100's after 10 years of eating raw animal products. He did a course and now his levels are jacked.

Thanks Harley, I started them on Monday and did my first self injection yesterday which was super easy, so all is good.

I only know that my UREA is also lower than normal, but the doctors told me that it means nothing and has no health side effects, it actually also says that in the hospital's website where I get my results back... (However I think mine was 2.1 or so).

a previous discussion about urea http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/why-can-urea-be-low-in-ve...

the rest looks good anyway. except the b12 of course. get 'em in mate! good luck! 

Thanks, that's makes me feel better to read all that.  Still feel I need to up the greens a bit as I've been avoiding them since I got back.  I miss kang kong!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

fruity78 replied to fruity78's discussion Where i get tastiest young coconuts in jan/feb?
12 hours ago
fruity78 posted a discussion
12 hours ago
Rock replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Taking good care of your teeth with fluoride.
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Laura's discussion Loren Lockman (Low-Fat Raw Vegan? of 20 Years) Will Be Speaking in NY/NJ/PA May 24th–30th! Any Interested Attendees??
Friday
Lynae K. replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Friday
ednshell commented on Rawgasm's group No mobile phones
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"One Bank Finally Admits The Fed's "NOT QE" Is Indeed QE... And Could Lead To Financial Collapse #peace #truth #light http://j.mp/2NQ5Jsc"
Friday
Rock replied to Victoria's discussion Info on the death of my fellow faster?? anyone know any details?
Thursday
Thursday
Kris and Kevin are now friends
Wednesday
Sylvie Charron replied to cindy's discussion BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Tuesday
Tuesday
Tuesday
Sarah Troyer joined TheBananaGirl's group
Tuesday
JP7 is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service