30 Bananas a Day!

Does anyone here eat mint (fresh herb) and if so, how?  In salads and/or smoothies?  A friend gave me some cuttings so I have it growing in my garden!  TIA

Views: 639

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It grows like a weed. I just chop a bit in my salad for the aroma and flavour.
I've heard it grows like a weed! I planted it in a container, not the ground, hopefully to curtail it taking over my yard. Thank you!
I like it in smoothies (that don't have too strong a flavor, otherwise you may need a ton to taste it) - my favorite is mint and banana. I also like to throw some into a fruit salad - it can be cute for presentation when I need to bring something to a potluck or whatever (not sure if that's good food-combining, though).
Thank you, Lauuren...mint/banana smoothie sounds wonderful!
Mmm... stuff fresh mint leaves in a fresh, pitted medjool date = OMG good!!!! :D
oh, I have to try this...!
I just tried it with khadrawy dates...amazing! Thank you!
Mint sun tea
last summer i blended watermelon with a few mint leaves while the rest of the group was drinking daiquiris.. it was nice

also at my family's favorite thai restaurant they serve a few mint leaves as garnish when i order sliced mango, and i tear it up and sprinkle it over the mango
I got this yummy slaw recipe from Michele at RNH:

2 apples
2 oranges
1-2 ribs celery
1/2 med. cucumber
several mint leaves
Puree in food processor to desired consistency (I like it a bit chunky)
2 frozen bananas, 1/2c sunflower seed milk, heaping tablespoon of cocoa (or cacao) powder, and 10-12 fresh mint leaves in the blender. Oh so good.
oh my.... lol

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Alex Curtis-Slep's photo was featured
16 hours ago
Profile IconRonald Gordon, Kelli Hayes, Neda and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
16 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a video
16 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Weekend $500B Bank Bailout Needed for Jamie Dimon's Bonus! (Bix Weir) #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light http://j.mp/2NAhwdZ"
21 hours ago
Michael Lanfield posted a discussion
yesterday
Michael Lanfield posted a status
"Wanna visit Costa Rica? Vegans get 20% off accommodations. https://peaceful-village.com/join/renting/"
yesterday
Michael Lanfield and Mindaugas BananaHoover are now friends
Wednesday
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens left a comment for Laura Maslen
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Jasmin's group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens replied to anna's discussion fruitarians in spain / canary islands in the group European Fruit Eaters
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Jasmin's group
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens commented on Tabassum's group 811 España
Jan 10
Houdini Steve Owens joined Tabassum's group
Jan 10
Jelle replied to Raini Pachak's discussion Oh, hey.
Jan 7

© 2020   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service