30 Bananas a Day!

10 minutes after watching Meet You're Meat "Can you get me a steak sub for dinner?"

So I showed my grandmother Meet You're Meat for the second time, the whole way through the was disgusted and said it was horrible, and asked why they would do that, I told her because its profitable, and because we don't give animals equal consideration of interests. At the end she said "Ok ill start trying to work on it, but still need my milk." Of course I explained to her how she doesn't need it because she isn't a calf, she then made calf noises and started laughing... And then she walked away.

By the way we have almond milk and vegan butter in the house at all times, and I fix dinner every night, and always offer to fix her food, so there are plenty of alternatives.

10 minutes later I hear her upstairs asking for a steak sub for dinner :( 

I think she's tooooooooo dang old to make decisions, and I really need my mom to just stop buying animal products. Any ideas? My mom is vegetarian, but still puts milk in her coffee and buying milk for my grandmother, and my brother is mostly vegan i think, but he still sometimes buys animal products (even meat) for my grandmother :(

Views: 382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are very passionate and that is admirable. The world needs more dedicated people like you.

I asked VeganAthiest how to come back at the "I just don't give a *@#$!" attitude and he replied why bother?....there is no point with people like that. I am not saying this is your grandmother just that in some circumstances there is no hope of changing peoples' minds.

I know it must be incredibly frustrating for you...you are not keen for your household to support such atrocity on any level. I feel for you. My brother tries to demand we buy him animal products all the time claiming "Well I'm not vegan!" We retort "Well this is a vegan household!" 

Good luck at finding some peace with the situation. Proud of you for the effort you put in to spare animals from suffering :) 

I asked VeganAthiest how to come back at the "I just don't give a *@#$!" attitude and he replied why bother?....there is no point with people like that.

georgia, this is generally a sensible approach. our job is to educate. it isn't to change people's minds - that's their job.

a salesperson's attitude is pragmatic. when encountering a truly difficult customer, they don't have time to work on them and just move on. there are plenty of people who will listen - that's where we need to put our efforts.

good work nathan! apply your utilitarian principles to this situation. you want your energy to produce the maximum result, so put it where it will.

and leave those who won't listen to those who deal with those who won't listen. ;)

in friendship,

prad

Ahh as usual Prad you have excellent advice! 

Ah thanks guys :) I think you're right, I need to learn to view human behavior as out of my control when someone has such severe cognitive dissonance. 

Oh, whose Nathan!? lol

Yeah...I think there is a Nathan on here but that ain't you...teehee :D You're doing a great job of educating your gran WILLIAM...and making dinner for her every night is just sweet...that's all you can do :D 

Oh, whose Nathan!? lol

it seems to have become an alternate spelling for william (but only when i'm not paying attention to what i'm writing). :D

i wonder if all nathans are utilitarian?

in friendship,

prad

i wonder if all nathans are utilitarian?

as in nathanielitarian, of course.

actually, i used to know a nathan once ... or may be it was twice.

his real name was nathaniel, but i called him nat for short ... except when he bugged me in which case i'd call him gnat.

in fiendship,

prad

OK I have a plan for you. Next time your mom finishes a gallon of milk, rinse out the jug and replace it with soy milk. Your mom won't notice because she only drinks it in coffee and it sounds like your grandma is too senile to notice. Then, three years later, reveal the truth to them. :-P

Diabolical!! And crazy enough...it just might work :D 

I like your plan hehe.

Lol, i got her to eat vegan gravy today! she liked it quite a bit!

I don't have any money! I'm working on getting a job though so i can hopefully have some more freedom.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"Recession Countdown Begins: Treasury 2s10s Yield Curve Inverts For 1st Time In 12 Yrs; 30Y Yield Drops To All Time Low http://j.mp/2Z56cte"
yesterday
Frugisaurus posted a discussion
Monday
Frugisaurus and Cyril are now friends
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 12
"It’s Time To Expose These False Flags - Episode 1937c #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://j.mp/2YBDept"
Aug 8
Frugisaurus and fruity78 are now friends
Aug 6
Carol Gay Fagerhaugh posted a status
"Hi ! 30 Bananas ! Can anyone direct me to a fruit and veggie calorie list? Thanks CG"
Aug 5
Profile IconA. Fruitarian and Alex Smith joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Aug 5
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Aug 5
"Google 'Very Biased At Every Level' And 'Will Attempt To Influence 2020 Election': Former Engineer #truth #light #now http://bit.ly/2yDhzxz"
Aug 5
ﻻan mangostan commented on Marina's group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
Aug 3
"Trump can be President beyond 2024 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/332C6cZ"
Aug 3
"The Fasting Cure Is No Fad #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #weightloss #longevity https://on.wsj.com/2LX3XWx"
Aug 3
Jelle replied to FruitinLove's discussion Does everybody have a soulmate? in the group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
Aug 2
Frugisaurus and Jelle are now friends
Aug 2
Jelle replied to FruitinLove's discussion Does everybody have a soulmate? in the group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
Aug 2

© 2019   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service