Vinegar, in the form of acetic acid, also results from food fermentation. This acid gives fermented foods their sour or sharp taste. That sharp taste is a signal to the body that the food should not be eaten as it is harmful. Vinegar prevents the digestion of foods, so a food filled with vinegar and other similar byproducts would seem to be indigestible.
Another acid that results from fermentation is lactic acid. Lactic acid is a waste product. If you have ever exercised or worked harder than usual, you might notice a stiffness or soreness in your muscles. That stiffness results from a buildup of lactic acid in the muscles. Now eating fermented foods that contain lactic acid may not make you "stiff," but does it seem intelligent to eat foods that are already high in waste byproducts?
Other acids are also present in fermented foods. Carbonic acid is found in fermented foods and also soft drinks. All of these acids are the wastes produced by the bacteria which are feeding on the decomposing, "fermented" foods.
Salt, vinegar, oils, spices and various herbs—all found in most American kitchens—were originally used by the Egyptians to embalm their corpses. Only now, we are using the same items to preserve, petrify and embalm the bodies of the living.
no way that you can eat several mouthfuls of salt, cinnamon, vinegar, black pepper, cayenne or mustard. In fact, a few bites of most condiments can prove fatal.
When the food is camouflaged by salt, pepper, mustard, vinegar, nutmeg, spices and other condiments, the digestive juices are not appropriately adapted to the food eaten. Digestion suffers as a consequence.
vinegar, which contains acetic acid, interferes with starch digestion because it inactivates salivary amylase.
high in oxalic acid. It is best to shun any plant used as a medicine, as it always contains toxic substances.
the body forms its own nucleic acids and the breakdown products of nucleic acids are purines which in turn are changed into uric acid, there will always be a certain amount of uric acid in the blood, but more than what the body will form itself can be hazardous, as uric acid tends to precipitate into stones.
If you were trying to eat salt, pepper or vinegar in and of itself, you wouldn't get very far. They have no food value at all and, in fact, are indigestible! And that's the key to the body's objection to them. Body senses can detect the difference between foods and non-foods. Foods are welcome and those items which the body cannot utilize for lack of enzymes to digest them or because of an outright anti-vital character, the body becomes excited or stimulated as a response. Unfortunately, humans have become so perverted as to seek this excitement as an end in itself. Many, if not most, people are seeking kicks.
The acetic acid in a teaspoonful of vinegar can suspend salivary digestion. Tannic acid (in coffee and tea) inhibits starch digestion, as do drug acids. The combination of citric, malic and oxalic acids in tomatoes (which are released and intensified by cooking) interferes drastically with starch digestion.
the salad "had rather too much vinegar on it." Acids not only destroy ptyalin and thus stop starch digestion, but they also inhibit the secretion of gastric juice and retard protein digestion. It is the part of dietetic wisdom to avoid eating acid foods (vinegar is not a food, but a poison), with protein. Because acids destroy ptyalin, it is well to avoid eating acid foods with starches.
An acid gastric juice is required to digest proteins. An alkaline medium is required for the work of ptyalin. For these reasons, protein foods and starch foods should not be eaten together.
Cider vinegar is made by pressing the juice out of the apples and fermenting it, in the same way as making cider. The fermented juice is left to age for about six months and then the process of turning the alcohol into acetic acid begins.
Acetic acid is very destructive and corrosive to the tissues of the digestive canal and to all tissues and cells of the body. A small amount will halt digestion completely. This acid is so strong that it will dissolve certain metals and remove rust from steel. Consumption of vinegar will result in ill health and should never be consumed. There is no "cure" for colds. This is a reaction on the part of the organism to rid itself of accumulated toxic debris and should not be interfered with. Vinegar is a drug whose use suppresses the body's vital activity in conducting the eliminative task called a cold.