Hellllooo. So I'm back on 30bad and the 80/10/10 wagon. The diet is much more do-able for me since last time I was doing it, and lasted 6 months I was in Saskatchewan in mid winter. I'm now in Vancouver and there are so many produce stores I feel like I am in wonderland haha. I've finished 1 month 80/10/10. My overt fat intake for the month has been 2 small avocados and a handful of hemp seeds. I've been eating a lot of mangoes, dates, and oranges. I pretty much only monoeat. I definitely haven't been getting enough greens. I supplement with chromium and b12. This month I've experienced a lot of detox.
1) I tried to go no poo and lasted 1 1/2 months then started using dr bronners castile soap because my employer was commenting on the horrible greasy look I had going on lol. Unfortunately since I stopped using chemical laden products my scalp has been insanely itchy. I now have bumps/small scaps all over my head. I also have dandruff which has never happened to me before in my life. My hair still looks sort of greasy and is hard to manage (I have a long curly mane). I will persevere however. I believe this is detox and that my diet will help me sort this out?
2) My skin has been completely breaking out. I usually have really great skin. It got a lot worse recently during my period (however I experienced no cramps during this time which is great). I've been getting blemishes on places that I haven't gotten any since I was about 13! I know that this will resolve itself as well. I also stopped wearing makeup about three months ago and must say that I absolutely love it and will never go back.
3) I've had extreme nausea to the point where I can't sleep and I'm up sitting in the bathroom waiting to vomit. I've also had severe cramping/stomach aches/bloating and have vomited up foam. This was happening to me before hcrv. I used to always throw up a bit after meals because my body would make me. I just couldn't hold food down. Also my digestion is absolutely HORRIBLE. Still bad on 80/10/10 but much better than before. I've been to many doctors who've been unable to help me. I've only been given medication for nausea and been told that all my problems are from anxiety and given pills for this. I took neither. I believe I have chrons or giardiasis. The main reason I'm on 80/10/10 is in hopes that I can lead a normal life without being plagued by digestive issues. I dream of the day that I will have perfect digestion.
4) I have had mood swings but they are directly related to how much I eat. The more calories I eat, the less agitated I am. I'm usually a very energetic happy person. I've also had light headedness which is also related to calories. I'm trying to drink more water but it seems that I am still dehydrated when i wake up in the morning.
5) My weight has gone from 132-128 pounds. I'm 5'5". My ideal weight is somewhere in the 115 range. In my experience however, it takes me a very long time to lose weight on this diet which is completely fine with me. My body should take it's time since it took me more than a year to put on the extra weight I expect that i won't be in my ideal range for at least 1-2 years of 80/10/10.
5) I had some trouble with insomnia at the beginning but this has been resolved. I still need to make an effort to get more sleep however. I would love to aim for 10 hours a night.
I'm definitely on this diet for the long haul. Luckily I find it very easy to be 80/10/10. I have very little craving for other foods even though through my volunteer work I cook a lot of delicious vegan meals every week. I still want to move to the tropics as soon as I am done university. I'll be doing monthly updates and will post before and after photos every 6 months. Thanks for reading!