This idea came out of the blue but I haven't tried this yet.
- Cucumber or zucchini
- Handful of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1-4 dates (optional)
- 1-3 teaspoons of mustard powder (or grind your own mustard seeds)
- 1-3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Thinly sliced red, green, or sweet onions
- Sliced tomatoes
- Mild lettuce (romaine, red leaf, etc)
- Fresh herbs (I strongly recommend fresh dill for a pickle like flavor)
- Cut your cucumber or zucchini in half lengthwise to make two sub-sandwich halves (try cutting the round top off to make the halves flatter or hollowing out the insides so they can hold sandwich ingredients easier)
- Blend the sun-dried tomatoes (and dates if using) with lemon juice to taste and water into a paste to make a ketchup type sauce and spread on your sandwich sub halves
- Mix the mustard powder with water and lemon juice to taste (add dates for honey mustard) and spread on sandwich sub halves
- Fill sandwich with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, sprouts, avocado, and fresh herbs.
- Eat and enjoy!!!