Our community would be delighted to know you better. Please tell us more about yourself and what brought you to 30BaD. Detailed responses will only be accepted (feel free to reapply with more detail if at first not approved as a member). We suggest you pick a name other than your own if you want to maintain anonymity.
I started the 811 lifestyle in November 2013, but not until February 2013 did I really understand the amount of calories and water that I needed to consume for the best results. I eat 2500 to 3000 calories per day and drink 4 liters of water. I had horrible digestive problems and low thyroid function that brought me to this lifestyle. I did the high-fat raw thing for almost two years prior to 811 and it WRECKED my health. Since I read The 80/10/10 Diet in December 2012, I have been 811 and plan to live this lifestyle FOREVER.
What is your gender? PLEASE NOTE: To enhance the community experience, profile pics of yourself are *REQUIRED* to gain membership. Membership will be declined otherwise.
Please tell us about your dietary inclinations:
I'm HCRV already
Are you Connected?
My favourite books/movies/authors/pastimes are....
The China Study, The 80/10/10 Diet, The Power of Now
Please list your website/blog/facebook/myspace etc
Durianrider & Freelee started this site to bring together high carb, raw vegan and vegan lifestylists' across the Globe! 30bad is a high standard and high performance team! We're here to help you make our team! Let us know what high fruit assistance do you need?
I've been 811 for over 6 months now, but three months ago I cut out nuts and seeds and started eating 2500+ calories (was eating around 2000) and drinking 4 liters of water (was drinking 2). I'm still having periods of low energy, acne, hair loss, water retention and headaches. I'm assuming that it's detox, but so many people don't seem to have detox symptoms like this. I just want to be sure that I'm doing EVERYTHING I need for my body to heal.
30bad is a fruit-focused vegan internet community which promotes a high carb fruit based vegan lifestyle free of any animal products. Our forum does not tolerate encouragement of anything contrary to this. Nor do we allow endorsement of non-vegan items or practises which involve the imprisonment, exploitation, abuse or murder of sentient beings. We also require our members to post with proper netiquette. Therefore, please indicate your intention:
I will comply because I like totally agree with all this
Comment Wall (2 comments)
You need to be a member of 30 Bananas a Day! to add comments!
Each person is unique; therefore, the duration of significant detoxification will vary, based upon health, vitality and environment and the degree of commitment to a healthy lifestyle. It can last from days to years. We must also remember that we are in a constant state of toxifying and detoxifying. We absorb environmental toxins, and the body works to eliminate them. We ingest foods, even the best sort, and the body creates metabolic toxins as a result of its cellular metabolism. Not to worry, however, because we are equipped with an entire eliminative system, composed of kidneys, a liver, lungs, bowels and the skin, to rid ourselves of these toxins. http://foodnsport.com/faq.php
Check out Aloha to 30BaD's Welcome Wagon! to read about how things are done on 30BaD and the 30BaD basics, including frequently asked questions and exceptional threads for information and inspiration!
Shell and the 30BaD Crew
2500 is the minimum, I'd keep adding until I felt fantastic. Also make sure your fruit is ripe and you are using good combos or eating mono meals. Most times detox is actually tox from some aspect of the lifestyle not being fully realized. 32 Elements of Health: How Round is Your Wheel?
A. How do i know im not eating enough calories from fruit?
1. Cooked food starts to look and smell good.
2. Cooked food looks more then the toxic, second rate slop it really is.
3. Your energy, power, strength start to go downhill.
4. Your attitude starts to suck. You just want to rip apart people and scream at them with frustration.
5. You start to question this whole raw gig.
6. You get cravings during the day and evening.
7. You start to rely on discipline to keep you raw.
8. You start to make raw pasta dishes, raw cakes etc.
9. You start to question if we really need to exercise.
10. Your so thin and weak that your athletic friends start to get concerned.
11. You start to question veganism.
12. You start blending maccadamias with dulse and spread it on 1inch thick flax crackers you made at 3am in the morning.
13. You wake up at night and steal your housemates fruit. If your housemate is called banana guns and he told you not to eat the papaya, and you did, you aint eating enough fruit cals.
14. You start to want to take fancy herbs and experiement with other diets.
15. Your actually eating cooked food and reading this.
16. Youve got some Fred Bisci Enzymes in your pocket and your ready to try the 'all raw but 20% cooked rule'
17. You want to believe that Brian Clement is right when he says corn chips are better than fruit.
18. You just paid aajonus vonderplanitz 400$ for a one hour consult and he told you to put an egg on a window edge for 50 days until its putrid and then to eat it. and you did it. you saw your dog eat some animal poo and you tried it too. ( true story i just heard).
19. You just cant sleep!! you are approaching insomniac.
Will I experience detox symptoms eating the raw diet?
Most people experience temporary and generally mild symptoms of detoxification from beginning the raw diet, as the body is no longer being overloaded each day with toxic residue. This is the body being allowed to cleanse and heal itself. The body is wise and will always eliminate toxins in a way that requires the least effort while doing itself the least harm. Detox symptoms that can occur may include tiredness, runny nose, digestive challenges, skin conditions, retracing phenomena, weight loss, drops in blood pressure, and other signs that the body is making a healthy adjustment. Each person is unique; therefore, the duration of significant detoxific