30 Bananas a Day!

I know what I did, and it was truly an act of desperation (Realized that I hadn't eaten yet at around 2 pm, was at less than a thousand calories by 8 pm). What do you guys do when you're in the same situation?

Views: 985

Replies to This Discussion

An apple and an avocado? Thats anorexic eating Bev.

If you want to stay raw and healthy and fit, your gonna wanna start getting some sweet fruit calories in otherwise we become another victim to anorexia.
with all due respect, i think you're confusing anorexia with malnourishment. Anorexia is a psychological disorder, not a physical one. you cannot become anorexic by not eating enough calories. you can waste away, go into comma and a bunch of other horrible things. there is anorexic eating that derives from anorexic thinking. not the other way around. i understand it's a common problem in the lfrv community, but i believe that it is a perquisite to lfrv, not a malnourished lfrv person becoming anorexic. just like a lot of people who are anorexic decide to tell everyone that they're "vegetarian or vegan" to not arouse suspicion when they don't eat high fat or high calorie meals (which most of the time are dairy an meat meals). There has to be a certain type of thinking for that to take place, in which it would have to be a perquisite problem. i used to a severe problem with anorexia and bulimia and still deal with some of psychological issues that go along with it. it is offensive to me and I'm sure to other people when you talk like that, so please, maybe be a little more informed or at least politically correct about it? eh? it's just a common courtesy for everyone who may deal with the problem and/or deal with it in their own personal community (family, friends). i'm not trying to be a know-it-all or look cool. i just think that this place should be a happy, supportive place and if someone is seriously worried about the welfare of another on here, that they should perhaps go about it in a more loving manner that supports the individual and the group as a whole.

love and peace
mary
side note:

i too have been able to give of many of my "anorexic mentalities" with the raw food diet. i do eat as much as i care for and never try to stop because i can feel that my body wants it and needs it. i truely can say that this lifestyle has done more for my daily well being than most of my psychiatrists/psychologists/ psycho-therapists have EVER done. you really do need to heal your body from the inside out. i want to say thank you to all of the people on here that have helped me and to Freelee and Durianrider for founding and maintaining this site. i really think it's great

love and peace
-mary
What do I do so I dont become weak, frail and emaciated and a burden to be around? :)

I eat! and make sure I start the day with a solid 1000calorie plus meal after my morning exercise. I try and eat as early in the morning as possible. That way I have plenty of calories in my by the time i get to bed and can have a solid sleep rather than laying their thinking about food cos I didnt eat enough that day or the days before.

Better to eat fruit late than not at all.
Everybody in the house yell..SMOOTHIES !!!! I sip on a fruit smoothies.
Yesterday I woke up at 2pm. I immediately had a smoothie with 9 large bananas so 1000 plus calories right there. Went out and exercised then came back 6pm had 8 large peaches. 8pm I had a plate of about 17 medjool dates. 10pm I made a raw soup with close to 400 calories. I basically did close to 3000 cals in less than 9 hours. Because of the exercise I would like to eat at least an additional 500-700 cals so I'm just going to sacrifice some sleep here, wake up nice and early and have a good 900 calorie breakfast (got a bag of apples to make applesauce out of) and make sure I get in a good routine of waking up early to get all my meals in since I don't want to be eating at 1am.

I'm trying to get into the habit of eating bigger meals for breakky and lunch coz i seem to always be playing catch up for dinner... and i dont like going to bed still digesting a 1000+ calorie meal.

It's a work in progrees but im getting better :)

i know this post is 2 years old but I'm so happy to find it. It's exactly what I'm dealing with right now! Hope you managed to up the calories in the end :) x

"It's the end of the day and you've undereaten...what do YOU do?" I found out my cat was smelling like smoked Mackerel and wanted to eat him! I figured out I could better wait until next morning to make a banana smoothie :D

hahaha

so happy im not alone in this "not enough calories" either! i thought calorie restriction was hard now i think not thinking about calories is even harder! I usually follow freelee's back up plan and eat a big pile of potatoes with leafy greens to help digestion. its not as good as fruit but im on a budget and when i run out of raw foods towards the end of the week, steamed root veggies save me :)

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service