30 Bananas a Day!

Hey guys - 

So for about two years I've been on the raw food "gourmet" diet and about 10 days ago I switched to the LFRV lifestyle. On the other diet I was consuming around 1100 calories a day. Now, trying to hit 2500 calories is fun! I like not depriving myself of food, however today I got on the scale and i've gained 7 pounds! 

I know the body takes time to transition. I also know that Freelee said NOT to weigh yourself, but I wanted to make sure that this works for me. I switched because I stopped loosing weight the other way and had a goal to loose 10 lbs, now that goal is up to 17 lbs, and I'm quite frustrated. 

Does anyone have any advice? Has this happened to anyone else? I'm doing it 100% no cheating. PLEASE HELP. 

Tags: gain, weight

Views: 3754

Replies to This Discussion

destroy the scale. It makes you frustrated. trust the fruits.  Fat weight? Water weight? you tell. The scale is lyingggggg babe.

CONGRATULATIONS!

If your eating this way 100% and putting on some lb's then your body obviously wants too.

ALSO, because you have a history of anorexia (1100cals a day) then your going to have a skewed view of what is a 'healthy' body shape and fitness level.

Look up Freelee's stuff and learn what those industries dont want you to know and do.

I am having the same issue, I've gained about 5-7 lbs. I've been having fun eating as much as possible. I posted somewhere else because I've been having a few other issues too, but no responses. Anyway, I'll be watching this thread. I guess we should just stop weighing ourselves for the time being...

Yeah, it's a little bit unsettling in the beginning is the way I felt about it. But because I haven't weighed myself in forever, I wouldn't know the actual numbers anyway. But what I did notice was a fullness all over for the first I'd say 3-4 days, then I went in the other direction. I wasn't going to freak out those first few days cause I was feeling so charged and energized and my skin was glowing. I knew I had to trust the process, I wasn't going to let go of how well and healthly I was feeling. And I'm glad I didn't  after 3-4 days of feeling a little puffed up, I was moving in the other direction. Thank God for that. What really means the most to me when it comes to judging my weight is how I'm fitting into my cloths, not what a scale says. And right about now, I'm feeling pretty fine. I'm not going back to feeling like I'm heading down hill for the second half of my life.

Since you suddenly went up from 1100 to 2500 (by 1400 kcal/day), your body is holding onto those extra calories. Kcals from different sources do differ in a way what body do with them, I believe, but if you have been depriving your body for this long, it may store extra calories from even the healthiest foods for a while, until it recovers. It's surely temporary ! ;)

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for your support!! I'm sticking to the plan, but I must say, it is difficult to continue eating this way after i've gained some weight and nothing fits:(  

My progress -  i've gotten rid of the scale...  and watched the video with Freelee - that was awesome! Thanks!!

Anyone else out there that needs support and would like to chat - friend me and we can share our progress through this temporary time!

XOXO

I've gained 20 lbs :o But I dont even care. I'm pretty damn active and yea it's pretty damn frustrating, but there's no other way. This is a Long term solution, plus, for me, it's like Im trapped! Theres no other way besides 80/10/10 ;)

I am so glad you posted this! I have been following 80 10 10 for about a couple weeks now.  I weighed myself today and I had gained about 6lbs! I was feeling very frustrated to say the least. I could use some support or encouragement that this will come off! :)

Also, I noticed that my stomach tends to hurt after I am eating any type of fruit. Mainly I just feel bloated and gassy...anyone else experiencing this?? I can't even suck my stomach in because it is always bloated and full feeling. I want to have a flat toned tummy like Freelee :) 

Article #2: The Three Phases Of Metabolism

First Phase: Drastic Weight Loss

During the first phase (called catabolism), the accent is on elimination, or breaking down of tissue. The body begins to clean house-to remove the garbage deposited in all the tissues-everywhere. During this period the body "removes the ashes from the furnace preparatory to getting a better fire." Here the accentuation is on removal of the gross and immediate body obstructions. Wastes are discarded more rapidly than new tissue is made from the new food. This becomes evident as weight loss. This persists for a while and is then followed by the second phase-called stabilization.

Here the weight remains more or less stable. During this phase the amount of waste material being discarded daily is equal to the amount of tissue which is being formed and replaced by the newer more vital food. This occurs after the excess of obstructing material in the tissues has been removed. This stage persists for a while and is then followed by a third phase-a building-up period (called anabolism) wherein weight starts to go up, even though the diet is lower in calories than it was before. At this point, much or most of the interfering wastes have already been discarded-the tissues which have been formed since the diet was raised in quality are more durable and do not break down easily.

Also, new tissues are now being formed faster. This is due to the improved assimilation and increase of enzyme efficiency which resulted from the recuperation of the digestive mechanism-made possible by the ceasing of wrong food combining. The body's need for the usual amounts of food decreases and we are able to maintain our weight and increased energies with less food. Many are able to function very efficiently on two meals a day and eventually even on one meal a day. As the body progressively increases in efficiency and decreases in tissue breakdown under exercise, so do we gradually need less and less food to maintain life. The higher the percentage of raw food one lives on, the slower the rate of tissue degeneration which one evolves into. A sick body requires a gradual, carefully-worked-out entry into this stage- where one is able to live on a 100% unfired (raw) diet.

Returning to the symptoms which occur on a superior nutritional program-people who have had tendencies in the past to recurring skin rashes or eruptions will frequently tend to eliminate poisons and harmful drugs through the skin with new rashes or eruptions. If they go to a physician now who is not familiar with this aspect of nutrition, he will diagnose it as an allergy. They ask, "How come I'm eating better now than I did before and instead I'm getting worse?" They don't understand that the body is "retracing." The skin is getting more alive and active. It's throwing out more poisons more rapidly, now that the body has more power, which is saved by the discontinuation of those hard-to-digest meals. These toxins being discarded are saving you from more serious disease, which will result in-if you keep them in your body too much longer-possible hepatitis, kidney disorder, blood disease, heart disease, arthritis, nerve degenerations or even cancer-depending upon your structural weaknesses. Be happy you're paying your bills now on an easy-payment plan.

With some, colds which haven't appeared for a long time may occur, or even fevers. This is nature's way of housecleaning. Understand that these actions are constructive, even though unpleasant at the moment. Don't—but don't try to stop these symptoms by the use of certain drugs, or even massive doses of vitamins, which will act as drugs in huge concentration. These symptoms are evidence of a remedial process. Don't try to "cure" the remedial process! These are not deficiency conditions or allergic manifestations—not if you're eating properly in quality, quantity, combination and sequence. Here is where experienced advice is of great value. Unfortunately there are few books present today which give full guidance to the average reader. Try to find guidance through a doctor or teacher who has the requisite experience in this most confusing of all subjects-nutrition in relation to health and disease.

------------------------------------------------

I found this on  a site, I found this to be true. This site is actually really good :)  link: http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/symptoms-during-dietary-transition/...

I gained 10 pounds, maybe more, I got scared and jumped off the scale and will never get back on until I feel l look my healthiest and am comfortable how I look already :)

I felt I looked alot bigger since I started LFRV about a month ago, I dident feel good about my stomach. I ate alot of bananas and dates and not as much water. But the past 3 or 4 days I havent ate much bananas and started eating alot of date mango and grapes and started drinking a lot more water and my stomach is so flat! before i looked so bloated. I feel like it might be the bananas doing it to me, maybe it acts like glue in me or something. But for whatever reason I feel like its the bananas even though I was in love with them for about a year and I JUST bought 5 pounds. I also read a post somewhere today that they had the same experience :S I thought that was odd so I really wanted to share that with you. I wish I remembered where on the website I saw that.. its in here somewhere though haha. Im not saying bananas are bad, they just have some weird effect on me anyways! :)

Don't just weigh yourself--take measurements. This is especially useful when you're active and even more so when you're female. Water retention sucks!

This is why I also believe in a transition of gradually increasing the calories. I will say, although I just started I have some experience with going from calorie starvation to weighing less and eating more.

I'm also curious!

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service