30 Bananas a Day!

I just completed 2 months work exchange on coconut Chris's farm and just wanted to spread the word about this amazing place. When I first got there to be honest I really didn't care about gardening I just wanted good fruit and to connect with like minded people and all I saw was a green blurr. But working with Chris really opened me up to the magical world of plants and I will be forever greatful! It was a really grounding experience everyday being barefoot bathing in waterfalls and eating straight from trees you have given energy to is a beautiful experience of connectedness with the universe. Now I can tell what a lot of plants are and find myself looking out the car window for fruit trees and fallen fruit on the roadside- you'd be surprised what's available and usually going to waste - rant - anyway I'm going to go back before I have to go home but after my time I feel confident enough to start my own veggie garden and plant trees. I also know how important seeds are and will never throw away good fruit seeds again. They are they future, who knew :) as I said in another dis it's super close to Wiapio valley - one of the most beautiful intense places I've been. So after working I would either swim in the private waterfall on the property of go the beach in the valley or hitchhike into town etc - I also hiked to Waimanu valley with some people I met on the farm - it was incredible!

So many cool projects are going on and it's cool to be apart of something when you can see how successful the past ones are

It was a good time :) eating fresh organic ALIVE produce makes a huge difference
I felt a push from within to go - took a chance and am a better person for it

A big shout out to Chris- coconut on 30 bad
Thanks brother

Aloha ke akua

Feel free to ask me anything

Views: 650

Replies to This Discussion

It's lovely to hear you had such a deep and meaningful experience doing this (: This was something I really wanted to do last fall..I found his place through the WWOOFing website and tried to contact him via facebook and email..but never heard back. Do you know the best way to get in contact? How did you go about it? 

Thanks!

Glad you had such a good experience.  I've heard he's a pretty cool guy.

Can you tell us more about the work itself, what's expected of you, what food/living arrangement/money you received in return?  

How many of your needs were met, and what did you still need to provide for yourself?

Mahalo

I love his lilikoi coconut cream! =)

oops, maybe I'm thinking of a different coconut person on Maui

Wowza!! This is EXACTLY what i am hoping to do in Hawaii next October onwards!! How can I get in touch with Chris? >.< 

Hi

im looking for exactly the same experience. id love to ask you some questions.

how do i contact you?

also how do i contact chris?

Ruby

xx

Grace !!!

What are you up to?

Maui?  Kauai?

we miss you over here

Hey Grace, 

I plan on exporting work-exchange opportunities in Hawaii this fall and am extremely interested in the HCLF Fruitarian lifestyle. Could you provide more information about Chris's farm so that I may explore a work-exchange relationship as well?

I'm a part of the Kanekiki Community on the Big Island and we have work traders.

If you are interested in the Puna area and the awesome experience of what its like to to live in an 80/10/10 inspired community growing lots of amazing tropical fruits as well as lots of greens in our large green house check our website at kanekiki.com. Raw Alignment has some Youtube video's as do Gamelia Johnson and Brittany Taylor. There's also an amazing experience of living in community with around 12 other likeminded folks. :-)

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rachel Rosen is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
5 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
23 hours ago
Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid replied to Mikaela's discussion Thinking about going completely raw
yesterday
Theastrobuddhist posted a status
"Getting ready for my morning run then a 15banana smoothie"
yesterday
Matiss Vijups posted discussions
yesterday
fruity78 commented on Marina's group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
Sunday
Plant Based Senior's photo was featured
Friday
Profile IconTheastrobuddhist, Megan Marie, skyler choudhary and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Friday
Ben Trovato posted videos
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Bitcoin Futures And The Need For Control #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2BSsFPE"
Thursday
Peter posted a status
"been busy,just finished picking 2 tonne approx. of yummy stonefruit ,I had to feed a lot to the geese there was so much,will postphoto soon"
Thursday
Ed Foulds and Love Banana are now friends
Wednesday
Ben Trovato replied to Mikaela's discussion Thinking about going completely raw
Dec 6
Ben Trovato posted a status
"New videos"
Dec 6
Ben Trovato posted a status
"Persimmons biatch"
Dec 6
Mikaela posted a discussion