30 Bananas a Day!

Hi there, I was trying raw till 4 for a while but with my job it's very hard to eat the quantity I need to in the break times I'm given, sometimes I work 5 hrs and 45 mins and only get a 15 min break, I'm not ready to go fully raw yet and tried to do it before and felt ill when I tried to down a huge smoothie in such a short amount of time. So I still eat a fruity breakfast and fruity lunch, and a big salad with a regular low fat vegan dinner of any recipe (usually about 500 cals or so), and sometimes after dinner I have a snack of fruit, occasional baked good, popcorn, or maybe fat free pretzels, (about 150-200 cals) all under 10% fat for the day. What I'm wondering is should I still consume 1000 cals per fruity breakfast and 1000 for fruity lunch? I know myfitnesspal says 1600 cals for my body but should I still try to get at least 1000 cals per fruit meal regardless of what I eat later?

p.s. I also try to exercise 30-45 mins 5 days a week

-Thanks!

Views: 148

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I would say just eat as much as you can comfortably. The main purpose of eating that much is to deter cravings for unhealthy foods. If you feel sick eating that much fruit in that short amount of time (I know the feeling) then just do what you can. The most important thing is stay vegan and stay high carb!

The fruit burns faster and more efficiently. Get in as much fruit cals as possible. Eat till you're FULL, not just "satisfied". Starch burns well too. It's easy to go above calorie recommendations on starch, which is fine. Just make sure you exceed carb calorie reccomendations. I say over 3000 for girls. I'm largely sedentary and eat 4500 calories a day because I have more energy that way. I eat till I can't stuff another bite in. Fruit is the best.

I understand that melon belly is a problem... having time to eat a meal is the hardest thing in this slave society, so make sure you're up early for a HUGE breakfast. That will get your metabolism running too, so lunch may digest faster, allowing you to consume a little quicker with a little less risk of melon belly.

Keep very well hydrated, get lots of sleep, enjoy your food(!), and try different fruits for lunch. Bananas don't really give me much melon belly compared to most fruits. Over time your digestion will get better too. 

I'm with Kelsey on her advice too, but I say the more you give your body, the more it will give you.

Thanks! So I should eat a lot of fruit regardless of what I eat in the evenings?
Well, yeah. Just keep it 811 vegan. Check out freelee's website rawtil4.com. It's what I do the majority of the time and it works!
Sorry it's rawtill4.com
Yup like I said I tried raw till 4 but my job doesn't give me enough time to eat the quantity I'm supposed to so it makes it difficult. And now I basically do raw till 4 but eat other things in the evening but not strictly whole foods, sometimes bread or baked goods, all under 10% fat. And I'm worried if I should still eat high quantities of fruit, im still afraid my body won't even out and ill just keep gaining weight, I could try to eat more carbs when I get home.from work but its usually like 10pm and I might have to go to bed by 11p so I dunno..

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Maria Ericsson left a comment for Karl Gard
4 minutes ago
Maria Ericsson and Karl Gard are now friends
8 minutes ago
Brandon M commented on Jessie's blog post Initial thoughts
11 minutes ago
Bratman posted a discussion
13 minutes ago
Brandon M replied to Brittney Sy's discussion Weight gain :(
21 minutes ago
Troy Santos replied to Ahimsa Fruitarian's discussion Aged 61 single man keen to grow fruit trees in Australia for fruitarian diet in the group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
28 minutes ago
Brittney Sy replied to Brittney Sy's discussion Weight gain :(
29 minutes ago
30 minutes ago
31 minutes ago
32 minutes ago
BananaStatesofMurica! RAW OR DIE replied to Poppel's discussion Is it possible to be raw and only eat cooked on special/social occasions?
37 minutes ago
Cassy replied to Poppel's discussion Is it possible to be raw and only eat cooked on special/social occasions?
48 minutes ago
Cassy commented on Ellen Cook's blog post Watermelon Island
51 minutes ago
Cassy replied to wildy's discussion Should i skip breakfast?
52 minutes ago
elizabeth replied to elizabeth's discussion hills: is it me or the bike?
54 minutes ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"HPV Vaccine Blamed for Mystery Illness in Colombia #organic #fruits #vegetables #health #weightloss #longevity http://j.mp/1urNgzv"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service