30 Bananas a Day!

I'm on day 23 of 811.  I've tried the "gourmet raw" diet before and experienced increased energy levels, clearer mind, more creativity, overall mood shift toward HAPPY, more bounce in my step... after a few weeks.  Currently I am coughing up phlegm, have a 102 fever, my shoulder is in a sling from sleeping on it wrong (???), and I have virtually no energy whatsoever. 

What's your experience?  When have other people started to feel the overall boost from the new lifestyle?

I'm feeling pretty bleak.... inspiration needed....

Tags: beginner, boost, energy, feeling, happiness

Views: 507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I felt the boost in 24 hours. 

How many calories are you consuming daily? 

What's your activity level? 

Are you following proper food combining guidelines? 

Are you avoiding cruciferous veggies as well as everything else on the "not supported" list? 

How much water are you drinking daily? 

How many hours of sleep are you getting each night? If you use an alarm clock to wake up, not enough. 

Have you tried cutting out all overt fats? 

Are your fruits organic? Some people are far more sensitive to the pesticide chemicals than others. 

Coughing up phlegm and a 102 fever is what your body does to get rid of the nasties. Maybe you have a lot of nasties. XD You may consider a fast if you're "doin it rite" and still are sick. Body needs complete R&R sometimes and that includes the digestive system. 

What he said :)

Odds are that you are under eating, #1 mistake people make, first thing to try is to increase your calorie intake massively.

At 3000 calories I am totally bloated and feeling full all the time.  Even after not eating anything for an hour, I often still feel overly full.  What to do?

If you have cut out high fat or taken out poor combos or unripe fruit etc. it can take a couple of weeks to rebalance your digestion.  If you can give us a daily menu, we can give you more specifics of what might be causing the bloating.  Also when you say bloating, do you mean water retention everywhere or a feeling of a gassy tummy or both or something else?

Dr. Doug often prescribes banana island for those starting out which has all kinds of benefits, you might try that:   Banana Islanders

After posting on this forum about a week ago I cut out some problem foods I was consuming.  Didn't seem to make any difference.  Still gaining weight and feel bloated a lot. 3000 calories per day seems to be the max I can consume.  I'm drinking a lot of water.  Peeing clear about once an hour while I'm awake and like 3 times every night.  I'm not getting enough sleep most nights.. that's true..... and most, but not all my fruits are organic.  I don't think I should have a lot of nasties.  I've been vegan for 14 years and pretty cautious about food additives, always been mostly organic, and I do a cleanse for 2 months every year.

How much do you sleep?

It completely varies.  Last night 10 hours and woke up before my alarm clock.  Last Thursday I went out late and ended up with 4 hours.  The usual is probably between 7-9.... waking up with an alarm about half the time and waking up before my alarm the other half.

Throw out your alarm, if you need an alarm to wake up you're not sleeping enough, if you can't wake up in time for schedules without an alarm you're not sleeping early enough.

If you admit that you don't get enough sleep most nights, I'd say to work on that. What's happening to you could be detox as some people have this happen to them (regardless of any cleanses you may do) for a few weeks. But if you work on consistently getting enough sleep (i.e. no 4-hour nights) you might be in better shape. 

Sleep makes a huge difference!  Must make it a priority!  Weight gain is common at first, it will balance out in time, how long depends on the other factors like sleep and past health history and any history of calorie restriction.  Adrienne wrote a beautiful post on the topic:   How to accept possible fluid/glycogen/fat/blood/lymph weight gain a...

Great you are able to stick to mostly organic! :)  Water intake sounds awesome! :)   Vegan for 14 years! :D

I felt a little bit of a boost the first few days too.  But not as much as when I had done a gourmet raw diet before.  I was hoping 811 would be better faster than gourmet.. but I'm trying to be patient.

Hello JillyLee

I have 3 questions for you:

- What do you eat during a typical day of HCRV?

- What did you eat during a typical day ofGourmet Raw?

(Please specify what amounts: 200 grams of spinach, 2kg bananas, and so on)

And finally - How many calories did you usually eat per day as a regular vegan?

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Mariana Masheva and mhc are now friends
8 minutes ago
Jacqueline and TwoWheelsOnly are now friends
15 minutes ago
Sun Runner replied to maus31's discussion Binging and RawTill4 Help!
24 minutes ago
Profile IconAbdullah Faisal Hajjar, Lindy Pfingsten, Tiva and 10 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
25 minutes ago
Aggs posted a status
"Had a liter of water. Trying something different...honeydew breakfast first and then a shake --should be an early lunch."
26 minutes ago
BananaStatesofMurica! RAW OR DIE replied to Rawprincess834's discussion Weight gain and health
27 minutes ago
Sun Runner replied to Rawprincess834's discussion Weight gain and health
28 minutes ago
sunnybananasmile commented on Peter Csere's video
49 minutes ago
chocolatey left a comment for Brooke Reed
58 minutes ago
stephen chapple commented on Luke Battersby's group Brisbane Fruit Bats
1 hour ago
Orion Harmon commented on Gwen Goll's blog post Stomach can't keep up with my brain :( WARNING: POO INFO
1 hour ago
chocolatey replied to Rawprincess834's discussion Weight gain and health
1 hour ago
stephen chapple joined Luke Battersby's group
1 hour ago
Orion Harmon replied to SweetBabyMoose's discussion I can't stay asleep
1 hour ago
Grapefruit left a comment for Iris
1 hour ago
Grapefruit and Iris are now friends
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by