30 Bananas a Day!

What's the most annoying thing anyone has said to you about your diet?

I know this isn't exactly a productive topic, but...what are some irritating things people have said about the way you eat that you wanna get off your chest? I'll empathize with you if you empathize with me :) here are some of mine:
"just eat some cake, it can be your 'cheat day'" (who the heck has 'cheat days' from veganism??? And thanks for your permission)
"do me a favor and eat some chicken"
in response to me refusing pizza: "sometimes it's okay to be happy"
"there's no way that can be healthy"
that felt good!

Views: 53886

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"YOU'RE DEPRESSED"  because I now sleep 9-10 hours a day!   

i've had multiple people voice concerns over how many bananas i eat because they think i will poison myself with potassium. i try to educate people, but i think that getting healthier scares others into looking at themselves. people think it's strange for me to eat 12 bananas, but it's completely acceptable to eat four double cheeseburgers off the dollar menu. sigh...

I'm often told it's extreme. I can't remember any others right now.

Basically people too often go on their ill-informed reckoning rather than study information for themselves. It's stupid. So many people reckon so much crap :P I have no idea where they get their ideas from.

I told my mom that I was eating vegan (no mention of raw or she would have flipped) for health reasons due to high cholesterol.  She told me that it was ridiculous and that is why she never goes to the doctor or checks her blood levels.  All while she picked up and dropped a HUGE slab of medium rare prime rib roast onto her plate.  She makes sure to call me with healthy eating tips frequently.  Read this book, meat is good. If you don't eat meat you will need B12 (just heard on Oprah show from Dr. Oz)....on and on!  Oh yeah, "What, no DAIRY!!!!" You're going to DIE!  She also makes it a point to tell me that I am too skinny.

She also has a friend that is a doctor and is a yoga guru.  She makes it a point to tell me that HE eats meat and is super healthy.  As well as all of her yoga friends, so and so USED to be a vegan, but the weather in Montana is too cold, she started eating steak and feels much better.  GRRRRR!

ahh sh*t i'm getting the ump for you guys just reading these comments!!

I recently had a super pro paleo moron on my facebook telling me "you shouldn't just take one look at these things and decide it's the best course of action, you should look at all sides. read these [insert ex 30BaDers anti raw, anti vegan pro paleo websites], do your research and then make a decision.

Then: (this is funny)

"I've come across that durianrider bloke before in paleo circles   *yes.. PALEO circles hahaha!* and I know how intolerant he is of anyone who doesn't follow the diet 100%.. and also.. that girl.. freelee, if she really eats that much, well.. put it this way, *wait for it.. here comes the classic line*

"well, you just can't beat the law of thermodynamics. if you consume that many calories, you will become CLINICALLY OBESE!!"

:|

he also followed up his bulls*** rant with "I'm just concerned for YOUR health". 

Argh I've had paleo dummies say things like that to me online before too, they think we're the one's asleep when really they are! I felt like doing this to them! ^ 

hahaha! I'm totally doing this to the next person i come across with idiotic reasoning, jut to show them how silly they're being. :)

Love it! :D My family keep saying to everyone, in public - which is really embarrassing:

- Marina doesn't eat at all.

Then I say: - But I eat upto 3000kal a day - u see me eat pounds and pounds of food each day, as a matter of fact, I spend a lot of time on eating... how can u say I do not eat?

- Dear, fruits and greens do not count as food.

!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

A girl I babysit last year in the States would always tell me:

U eat like a pig and u r skinny as a twig!

Ha ha! That is right! And I love it. 

Really?  That's funny.  =)

She's a poet, and she don't know it :)

This one literally just happened.

"You can't just eat fruit. A healthy diet is based around green vegetables, whole grains, and protein. Fruit sugar, although it is naturally occurring, is like junk food if you eat too much of it. You shouldn't eat fruit as your main source of calories."

"All that fruit sugar can't be good for your teeth."

"I'm diabetic and I can't even eat a piece of fruit, and you eat seven pieces, even eight!" (This from my mom, too bad she doesn't know how much more than that I eat, lol)

And the worst one was one not said to my face, but within earshot of me - 

My mom, on the phone: "She's being so completely irrational! She won't eat cooked food and it's going to end up just like it was in China!" (when I had anorexia) "We'll have to send her to the Emergency Room!"

And one more: "Where do you get your carbs?"

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service