30 Bananas a Day!

Many doctors have said that I have anxiety and that I should get on a Phychiatric Anti-Depressant. I've heard that they're horrible!

Every day I think it's going to be my last. These episodes have been freaking me out, and all this pain has been horrible.

I know that a lot of people on here dissagree w/herbs, but it's a lot better than Psych drugs.

I need to do more research, but last night I bought some St. Johns Wort, Valerian Root and some Chamomile. Also I'm taking a 1/4 niacin=25mg because even with 1/4 I get a hot/burning reaction.

I also have been taking some warm showers and scrubbing hard to get my blood flowing and seems to help to relax.

Any recommendations!??!?!?! Thanks!

Views: 2567

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOVE this AK. I will look up these books. I love the image of the sky and clouds.

So very true, AK! Fear-based thoughts is really like trash... I woke up last night feeling anxious (just stopped my meds) and kept hearing my family members telling me: I hope you know what your are doing! and things like that and I get so hung up on those thoughts that feed the fear of the anxiety/depression cycle... I will try the cloud and sky visualisation when those thoughts come up. Thanks!

Wow, AK. This is so helpful and timely. I will give this a try when I feel anxious. I am sure it will be helpful. I have to stop associating the sensations with the fear. Just sitting with the sensations is a great idea. I try to make them go away instead... which only creates more fear and more anxiety, of course.

Yea, I start justifying my sleep, or diet or what is causing it and it drives me nuts. Just go witht the flow, definitely some good stuff!!

Nice!!!!! I need to find some more friends that are into this :)

Wow!  I could have written pretty much this exact post last year, and in fact I probably did.

My anxiety was so bad that I literally thought I was dying every night too.  I channelled the anxiety into food, so I thought I was having an allergic reaction to EVERYTHING except bananas, orange juice, and avocados.  And I could only have a little orange juice bc otherwise I would get scared of it too.  I always either thought I was having a heart attack, my lungs were collapsing, or my throat was closing up. 

I was in a state of fear every moment of every day.  Some time it was vague, sometimes it was specific.

I feel 100% better now.  I quit coffee, I passed my first year of law school (major trigger, I'm sure), and I did a lot of law of attraction guided meditations picturing myself calm.

I NEVER want to go there again.  Have you been lfrv long?  Maybe that will help.

I have been lfrv for 2 years (5 months almost 100 % but with periods of more cooked food). I am back on track with only mono-meals and feeling intense detox since 3 weeks. I am almost off the antidepressants now (from 30 mg to 5 mg) and should be completely off them in a week or so. I also never want to go there again. I trust that my body will clean itself and starts doing its job, but to be honest, I am still scared. I know it can take time and I don't want to go back on the meds if the panick attacks come back, but I cannot live like that anymore... I have 3 children and saw my dad suffer from major depression and anxiety all his life and I don't want this for my family and myself...

How does anxiety start? This is nuts, it's like some random thing is controlling the body and it's not you. It's taking a toll on my body. Over thinking too much and going to hard on oneself? It's been rough.

Make sure you tell me how you feel. :)

Thanks

Sounds like a lot of stuff I've been going through. Life has been a little scary.
Green tea/coffee/weed makes it way way way worse.

I went vegan about 6 months ago, I did a lot of juicing. I kind of been focusing on just relaxing and just eating whatever I want, so I started to eat some oatmeal, yams and potatoes and stuff and have been just trying cut back on the stress. 

Yea, I could see that. I don't like having a huge flush, so I take little bits, like 1/4 of a tablet.

This 5-HTP thing seems like there's Tryptophan in it. My doc said not to eat those kind of foods since my 5hiaa levels were really high, so would something like 5-htp be alright? I guess I gotta read up on it. What's the difference from 5-HTP to an Anti-Depressant?

The #1 thing that will help you is eating ridiculous amounts of fruit, like as much as you can stuff into your face until you get a stomacheache. 

There have been about 5000000000000000 supplements and herbs recommended in this thread. If you took all of them, your desk would be filled with pill bottles and you'd be taking them every day. Is this a natural lifestyle? 

So pick and choose. Before 80/10/10, 5-HTP helped me a lot. Some of those herbs like St. John's Wort may work but can be dangerous for your liver. Always read into the good and the bad before you buy a supplement. Niacin is generally described as very effective for anxiety and depression. But, like I said, fruit is even better. You will get there when you are ready. 

Do NOT buy a multivitamin. They almost always have at least one synthetic vitamin in it, and those are bad. Multivitamins are not necessary, and besides, you cannot even absorb all those nutrients at once. Sometimes your stomach cannot even dissolve the capsule coating and it comes out in your poop. 

Speaking of poop, you said you had IBS. I'm bad with acronyms, but I will guess that this stands for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Don't ever sit on the toilet again! Here is how to cure IBS: 

http://naturesplatform.com/health_benefits.html 

Remember, eat more fruit! 

Nice! I feel like sometimes I do to much research and not enough applying, so I'm going to make more of an effort when I'm able to to start taking care of the body :)

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Len posted a video
35 seconds ago
Kena Bladel commented on Madelyn's photo
5 minutes ago
Sonya Reu posted a video

Unstoppable Vegans

To avoid any confusion this sofa is synthetic! This is also my first ever YouTube video, This is my introduction for my channel "Unstoppable Vegans" I will b...
6 minutes ago
Mikey Quark posted a video

No News Like New News!

Monsantooooooooo! Monsanto, Monsanto, Monsanto!!!!! Oh those creepy bastards! I will do what I can making funny videos on the news and vegan diet and health ...
6 minutes ago
Vegetable Police posted a video

Butterscotch balls for lunch?

Also subscribe to my music channel! Free Hip Hop Beats, House Music and Ambient Relaxing stuff ;) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFb3kPmyQMj_uJEh4CmZSJg
8 minutes ago
HockeyⓋMonkey posted a group
8 minutes ago
Gwendelina posted a blog post
27 minutes ago
Profile Iconfitmama77, Valerie Wong, Maria and 11 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
33 minutes ago
John A. replied to John A.'s discussion Rice Cooker Recommendations? in the group High Carb Cooked Vegan Discussions
59 minutes ago
Chris Pavur replied to Jade Cleveland's discussion Excessive urination
1 hour ago
Gianni left a comment for Mikey Quark
1 hour ago
Gianni and Mikey Quark are now friends
1 hour ago
Gianni commented on Mikey Quark's video
2 hours ago
Raini Pachak left a comment for Amanda legresley
2 hours ago
Raini Pachak is now friends with Amanda legresley and Carolina Antonia