30 Bananas a Day!

Lately I've been trying to avoid the gym.  It's become a pretty negative environment for me to be in, let alone in which to enjoy a workout.  I've been getting all my cardio in with outdoor walking/jogging, and just taking care of strength training at the gym.  Lately, though, I've found that even just going to do weights is mentally exhausting.  My remedy?  Natural exercise!  For as long as I can remember I've always been incredibly outdoorsy.  I lovelovelove to go on incredibly long hikes.  I don't just walk the trails; I run, jump, climb, crawl-under... Whatever I can to make it an intense and fulfilling experience!

Just thought I'd throw this out there so everyone could weigh in their thoughts, as well as experiences and share what their favorite out-of-the-gym work out is.

Views: 292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like a long long walk on my own to explore different parts of the city, and add in long walks to the park with my dog. Once at the par, we do quite a few wind sprints.

The parks usually have a playground set, so I try to take advantage and use the money bars for pullups.

Robbie

www.photographybyrobbiebelmonte.com

yesterday i took my cat along for a walk!  yes, i bought him a harness and leash... he loved it.  we ran around so much, little guy loves the sun possibly more than i do!

Run meditation yoga and just walking! I work at a gym and every time i try to workout after my shift its such a drag! I must say taking
 classes is a litlle better.

Walking through cities... sounds awful, but I love being in beautiful cities and just walking all day, taking in the energy and culture :)

It's getting warm and I'm craving a long hike after reading this!

Favorite activity: hiking. By far! And I'm about to return to the mountains where I was born and raised... can't wait to tackle a few peaks!

basketball/beach

Lately I've been playing baseball (I'm asst coach on my kids' team), playing zombie tag, which involves running and screaming and laughing and is incredibly fun, jump roping, basketball and gardening.  I could walk forever, especially in the woods.  Hiking is my favorite and there are lots of spots close by for us with beautiful views.   I like taking my weights outside and having my session out there. 

Ahhh it's raining in sheets of buckets of rain right now, I'm kind of bummed.  4 inches expected today. 

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Rawbert replied to Vegan.mx's discussion Calories
46 minutes ago
Colette Suzume replied to Vegan.mx's discussion Calories
48 minutes ago
Profile IconJenny Hume, Amber Lynne, Kenzi and 16 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
51 minutes ago
Vegan.mx posted a discussion
55 minutes ago
Colette Suzume posted a status
"My cronometer for the first time on this lifestyle is 2889 calories, 714.4g carbs, 42.2g protein &10.2g of fat with 90% nutrition today!"
59 minutes ago
Fruity Fitness replied to David IC's discussion Recovering from eating disorder-need support
1 hour ago
ednshell replied to Jordyn 's discussion LFHC Pets??! What to feed my dog?
1 hour ago
ednshell commented on AJG's photo
1 hour ago
FitCurvyRaw posted a photo
2 hours ago
Jordyn posted a discussion
2 hours ago
ednshell commented on AJG's video
2 hours ago
AJG's photo was featured
2 hours ago
Brad Ramsay replied to johnson E's discussion Make up lost calories
2 hours ago
ednshell commented on Bite Size Vegan's video
2 hours ago
Bite Size Vegan replied to Bite Size Vegan's discussion Vegan vs. Vegetarian: More Differences Than Similarities? ft Gary Yourofsky
2 hours ago
Xena Wang and Sara Marie are now friends
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service