30 Bananas a Day!

What's the most nutritious form of spinach? Juiced or raw salad?

Reading about spinach and can't seem to get a straight answer off the net about what form of spinach (raw, juiced, cooked) gives you the most nutrition. Some people say cooked, but I primarily would like to know if it is more benificial as a juice or raw salad. Trying to come up with a HCRV meal plan. Thanks guys

Views: 1810

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Raw and unprocessed is always the best way to go no question about it.

Salad and smoothie is best, juicing isn't good because it removes fiber.

The best nutrient-dense food on the planet for us humans is RAW!! 

I eat my baby spinach and spinach both in salad dressings I blend up or in salads them selves.  I've had them in green smoothies before.  Juicing spinach is questionable as it removes fiber.  But if you are like me and consuming massive amounts of greens each day: minimum 1 lb, you will do a green juice of some sort with a lb of greens (rotate your greens!) per day and then some in another form at dinner or in the afternoon.  YUMMMM

If you juice the spinach you can eat (drink) more of it and get more nutrients (but the fiber is removed)

I personally think juicing is a wonderful idea to get enough minerals/vitamins from greens

We don't need MORE nutients.. we need ENOUGH nutrients.. and we can get them from consuming whole fruits and veggies.

Juicing isn't wonderful because it's processed, fragmented food stripped from fiber, etc. Not whole food anymore.

Rawbert, well said.  However for many reasons there are many who are following 80/10/10, like myself, who for many reasons juice daily.  I advocate organic whole food first and foremost. 

'I advocate organic whole food first and foremost. '

-let's keep it that way and stop advocating juicing.

-if you juice daily, you're not doing 811.

Rawbert, I am doing 80/10/10 WITH daily juicing.  I understand there are those who disagree and I respect that.

What I ask from you is respect also for other's ways because of many reasons. 

Thank you

Karen

Karen,

'I am doing 80/10/10 WITH daily juicing'

-no, you're doing some raw food juicing program, that is not 811.

-here on 30bad we do 811 and as a guest you (and all of us) should respect that.

Rawbert. I sm not disagreeing. I am saying i and many others also juice. You hsve a problem with that. That is fine. I wish you peace on your journey.

I don't have a problem with that, just don't push it here on 30bad because it's not 811.

If you juice you GET MORE nutrients because you can't eat 5 heads of lettuce in a sitting and you NEED NUTRIENTS, especially because the vegetables and greens have far less nutrients nowadays than they had a few decades ago! I personally feel that I can absorb nutrients SO MUCH better if I drink a dark green juice than having 3lbs of greens sitting in my stomach. That doesn't mean that I don't eat salads, I do eat a huge one everyday and enjoy it, but in addition to this I drink the juice and I see NO REASON why drinking FRESH, NUTRIENT DENSE, ORGANIC, RAW, GREEN juice should be bad for me!!

If you don't juice it is fine and I totally accept it. Also if you say that if I'm juicing than I'm not doing 801010 than I'm fine with it as well, because I don't follow a diet/lifestyle just in order to call myself an "801010"-er, I listen to my body and if you say that I'm NOT DOING 801010 if I drink a juice, than OK, call me a "not-801010-er", I can live with that!! Diet is not a religion for me, I do what is best for my body and that's definitely FRUITS, VEGETABLES and GREENS, 100%.

IMO this whole blending vs. juicing vs. whole foods thing is sort of silly. I blend everyday and eat whole foods everyday. Sometimes i'll juice daily as well but my juicing is a bit more sporadic and infrequent.

In regards to blending vs. juicing, they are two different things and i dont see one as being superior to the other. Juicing i find is better for certain foods and detoxing, whereas blending is good for gigantic banana smoothies etc..I blend far more than i juice though for various reasons.

Juice feasting is very interesting though to and i found a few days of that really cleaned my system out. I felt like i was on a higher vibration for days and days.

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

James Cherian and Alexis Claire are now friends
yesterday
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

November 11th Fruitluck Montage

We had a nice group at Maximo Park for a Fruitluck! The weather in St. Pete was great and so was the fruit! Mangoes, golden kiwi, grapes and much more! If yo...
Friday
Ben Trovato posted videos
Friday
Kate Mills is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Friday
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. posted a discussion
Thursday
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. replied to Sérgio Filipe Meireles Soares's discussion Fruit Diet doubt
Thursday
Rawberry replied to Rawberry's discussion Poop like sand?
Thursday
ednshell replied to Rawberry's discussion Poop like sand?
Thursday
Rawberry posted a discussion
Thursday
Wednesday
LRoland is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Toby Nwazor is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 14
ednshell commented on Cassie K's blog post I grew a LOT of food this year on less land
Nov 14
ednshell commented on Plant Based Senior's video
Nov 14
Nov 14
Alexa's photo was featured
Nov 14

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service