30 Bananas a Day!

What is the one distinction, tool or "secret" that helped you to succeed on the 80-10-10 lifestyle?  It seems that a lot of the people on this forum (me included) struggle to eat 100% 80-10-10.  I was able to go vegetarian in one day in 2001, and I did the same thing when switching to a vegan diet a few years later.  However much I have tried to eat 100% 80-10-10 in the last 3 years, I am having a difficult time making it stick.

I would really like to know what it was that helped those of you who have been eating 80-10-10 for more than a few months conquer the lifestyle.

Tags: 80-10-10, Raw, fat, low, raw, vegan

Views: 2724

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do we need to take every rule in the book seriously? if you followed the book religiously you wouldn't eat any herbs including ginger or spices. I'm not 100% 811 rv but for me it has helped me stay on this path by using fresh herbs in dressings/sauces.

Chilli peppers can corrupt the tastebuds (like salt). In addition to their stimulating qualities, they produce mucus in most people - indicating that it's an irritant. It took me a while to get off chilli but I'm glad I did, because now I have a greater appreciation for the natural flavour in food. My threshold for spicy food has gone WAY down (and I used to pop thai chilli peppers like grapes).

Yes - technically I haven't compromised my stand on 'whole, fresh, ripe, raw fruit and vegetables' so i haven't destroyed the integrity of my 'Raw Vegan' tattoo!!! but unfortunately Raw Chillies aren't a part of 80-10-10.  Hmmm, maybe I need to have 80-10-10 tattooed next and that will help me kick the chillies to the curb!!!
Y'know Benny, I feel there's room for a little leeway here... yes Doug says don't eat what you can't make a full meal of.  But chillis, lemons etc are bright, attractive, hand-size, hand height, easily acquired;  all qualities that attract the human animal to try.  Seems to me in a natural environment we wd at least try such fruits, to see if we liked.  Some may have medicinal/therapeutic qualities for us at times, we might go "on and off" them, as necessary.  I In "What Rawfooders Eat", Doug's meals included on one occasion a "pie" of toms, mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini + cauliflower rice topping and a dressing.  Few would choose to make a meal of mushrooms, but we'd certainly try them in the wild.  Many of Doug's meals are not so mono as I imagined; tho this pie was an exception.

I can make a meal of lemons. is that weird? you ever had those sweet ones?

My two biggest tools have been patience and understanding. Going easy on myself. Understanding that this way of eating is simple and easy. Therefore, any feelings of difficulty are not located in the diet itself.

Accepting that 20 years of eating will leave my life gradually. Understanding that the real battle is against old habits. Knowing that it is only a matter of time for habits to break free. After all, if this is a natural diet, why not be natural about it? Why use effort? Understanding that fresh food is easiest for my body, and fatty/cooked food creates tension.

Eating cooked food whenever I feel like it, and seeing where it takes me. While I have not eaten cooked food in a very long time, I would not call myself 100% - I haven’t made that decision. I have just followed my feel and found myself at 100% for the past while. It just happened, naturally. Why would I made this diet a prison when it can be a heart-felt joy?

Why would I avoid cooked food if it is so difficult to? What is the point? Why seek happiness in unhappiness? Do I approach 80/10/10 with some desire to be excellent? Could that possibly make me happy? I don’t want to struggle in the pursuit of easy foods. I don’t want to create so much dis-ease that it negates the actual health benefits.

The present moment is all there ever is, so whatever diet I eat, I may as well enjoy it.

Be blissful, and take as long as you want to become 100%. You may just find it’s the quickest route there.

You are right, Tris.  I am not a very patient person, and I have a very LOUD inner critic.  I tend to battle with food rather than develop a healthy relationship.  Or maybe, I should not personalize the food, but just eat it.
I always get excited when I see your posts, Tris.  You are so insightful :)
I agree! Well said Tris!
WOW.  So inspirational, THANK YOU! You're lovely.
The biggest struggle was having the money to afford it. Where I live it's expensive.
The dates are a bit sweet for me, especially in a smoothie in the morning.  Bananas alone work better.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Luis Miguel Rivera posted a discussion
6 minutes ago
Profile IconSusanna and Dominick joined TheBananaGirl's group
14 minutes ago
Profile IconLuis Miguel Rivera, BSOCK, A J and 8 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
21 minutes ago
Rawbert replied to Alex 's discussion regular water vs distilled water?
1 hour ago
Rawbert replied to Alex 's discussion regular water vs distilled water?
1 hour ago
Dr Joberry Sweet replied to ♥ AimeeLovesYou's discussion Spring Into Action! Log your training here :)
1 hour ago
BSOCK posted a discussion
1 hour ago
George and Dharani Jdanov are now friends
2 hours ago
Tara Jones posted a status
"Just ordered my first box of dates! I got a small wet pack of khadrawy dates just to try them out :) Hoping they're as amazing!"
2 hours ago
Dominick replied to catherine santos's discussion how to do this diet on a low budget? in the group High Carb Cooked Vegan Discussions
2 hours ago
Gianni replied to ♥ AimeeLovesYou's discussion Spring Into Action! Log your training here :)
3 hours ago
pamplemousse replied to Alex 's discussion regular water vs distilled water?
3 hours ago
Jade aDeja commented on Anja C.'s photo
3 hours ago
Swon replied to Courtney's discussion Calorie cycling
3 hours ago
Swon posted a discussion
3 hours ago
Sunshine posted videos
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service