30 Bananas a Day!

Do you have a job? Are you a student? How do you make a living? Are you passionate about what you do? Where do you see yourself 5 or 10 years from now?

Just wondering :)

Views: 1401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a job in the computer security industry.

I own 5 acres outside of seattle

I am starting a permaculture food forest and currently grow all of my vegetables during the summer and some of them during winter and in a few years I will grow all of my fruit!

Yes I have a job in telecommunications.    I am fairly passionate about my career - but it is not my 'life dream'.   In ~10 years I hope to retire to S. Florida and grow my own fruit/vegs with my beautiful wife !!!

im a heavy machinery mover and professional photographer... have been for 8 years now. only 25, but i see myself doing this forever... im pretty much my own boss

I currently teach ballroom dancing part-time and have been very active in the Occupy Movement since October 7. Right now, I'm deciding whether or not to go back to college. I think we have the technology to grow tropical fruit trees almost anywhere in the world so I'd like to work on developing that technology so that it's more convenient to be a fruitarian. I think it's called biomimicry. Here's a youtube video on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZp6smeSQA

For me, it's not so much about being passionate about a particular job, but about being passionate about helping to improve our society and culture. I believe we can make life much more wonderful for human beings and life on this planet by restructuring our values and institutions. So I would encourage people not to feel like they must conform to our current society's expectations, but rather, continue to follow their own curiosity and do whatever we find enjoyment in doing.

I am a full time fundraiser, raising money to spread the good word about eating healthy and living sustainably.

I can't imagine doing anything else right now.

Wake up when I want to. Do what I want everyday. Eat the best foods for my body. Love every moment of the day :)

Surely you are in need of several full-time assistants, yes?

Of course ;)

jealous lol

You do fundraising?  what sites would you recommend other than kick starter as I want to raise some funds for a health related projects and documentaries   

Lol Josh I could've copy your reply..

_____

I work in IT (have my own computer service business).

I'm about to buy 5 acres in south Florida.

I am starting a permaculture food forest next year and retiring!

I swim 4-5 hours a day and cycle everywhere as transportation.

I will attend UC Berkeley with biochemistry/immunology/biomedicine/neurology & NCAA swimming being a main focus. 

As far as passion goes, I wouldn't be doing the things I enjoy without it. I mean, who needs motivation when you're having fun AND working hard? ;)

I am an entomologist, starting a job with University of Virgin Islands in February.  Plan to eventually procure several acres of land on the island and farm for side income, or total income.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Profile IconGarrett Kiger, Melanie Gulliver, Angela and 12 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
1 minute ago
Profile IconSandra Ebert and Nina Swan joined McFruit's group
7 minutes ago
Profile IconHaim Wiesel, Alice Donoghue and Benjamin Caflisch joined Marina's group
48 minutes ago
Profile IconNina Swan, Henry Joaquin II and 2 other members joined Sorcha NB's group
49 minutes ago
Camilla Helene Storebø Pedersen and Peter Wintrip are now friends
55 minutes ago
gina posted a status
"Hi everyone, I'm so excited to be here....Does anyone here have autoimmune issues that have been cured/helped from this life lifestyle?"
1 hour ago
portlyfatty replied to Lb's discussion To what extent is the Glycemic Index relevant on a low fat vegan diet?
1 hour ago
Christopher William Francis Poli and Windlord are now friends
1 hour ago
Juanitah Ntambi Precious posted a status
"I am on banana Island and its a bit tough because I am so new to this LFRV so one day at a time. Loving it though."
1 hour ago
portlyfatty is now friends with Rachel Lee, john dempsey, Darius Ellis and 2 more
1 hour ago
Mandy replied to Mandy's discussion Parents Help!!!
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Tampa Kiwi's photo was featured
1 hour ago
Thomas posted a discussion
1 hour ago
Martin Farla replied to Cece Correll's discussion Tips for the Empty Wallet
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service