30 Bananas a Day!

Hi All who are watching this thread. Here is the update:

My Dad is now 2 1/2 months on raw food.  We went through some pretty major cleansing I think, he still has a lot of mucous clearing, but - he does not sleep as much as he used to. He did sleep pretty much the whole day before, only getting up for food when I got him up (about 4 times waking him up before he would finally drag himself out of bed in mid afternoon. Now he gets himself up about 10 -11, and stays up till after dinner at night.

He went through the period where it got worse, where he pretty much did not even know where his room was and how many children he had. I thought - Oh, dear, I finished off my father, and was really scared. That lasted about 2 weeks, but then he started improving and now he says himself - " I was a total zombie, but now I am only half a zombie".

I used to have to take him down to the bathroom and supervise him brushing his teeth and them had to make sure that he would get into his pyjamas, but now I can give him instructions "Go downstairs, brush your teeth first and then change into your pyjamas" and he will do it!

He still gets it wrong sometimes, I send him downstairs with instructions to vacuum his room and he will steam mop it instead, but that is a far cry from previous situation of him forgetting half way down the stairs what he was going downstairs for.

He is beginning to take initiative like getting dressed before he comes up and shaving. I took him to the doctor and he gave him an OK to start going to the gym and also the doctor thought that Dad is of sound enough mind to sign his own will! He was also OK with me taking him off all the medication, so I am very relieved that I must be doing something right.

My father inquired couple of days ago if I think that he might improve enough so that he might get to drive again :-) With cataracts in both eyes it probably might not be a good idea though LOL.

So, raw food definitely works for Dementia!

Views: 5522

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is fantastic!  I am so happy for you.  My mom too has Alzheimer's, but the rest of my family won't let me try raw/natural hygiene with her.  So I watch her becoming more and more dead in a partially functioning body because of all the meds/crappy diet/unhealthy lifestyle habits.  It tears me apart, but I'm resigning myself more and more to the hopelessness of the situation.

it's frustrating, isn't it?! my grandma can't eat as much, so my dad wants to feed her as much calorie dense food as possible, which is usually meat and dessert. talk about a train wreck diet.

Convince them to give her green smoothies in the morning. It is godsent because it is so easy to prepare and so easy for them to drink them. Alzheimer's patients tend not to want to eat, but smoothies go down so easy and family will be happy that she gets well fed for breakfast.

Im sorry to hear about your father. I truly know how you are feeling. I wanted to try raw foods but some of my family members refused, and sadly he passed away last September. i hope it helps with his condition be strong get plenty of rest for yourself, alzheimer,s and dementia affects the whole family as im sure you awhare of. My wife and I will be thinking of you and your father. Till next update be well. Sean & Suz R

So happy for you! 

That is awesome!! That sound so good :o)

Be patient...!

I feel happy with you!

Much love and peace <3

A-MAZ-ING!

Wow!  That's great!  Good job helping your family out, that's a wonderful thing to do!

Keep us updated! This is so great to hear! Glad you stuck with it through the difficult 2 weeks :)

This is truly amazing! I am so glad to hear that things are looking up for you guys! Keep us updated on the progress :)

Congratulations to you and your father! That is such great news! It's not easy to stick with this diet when things seem to be getting worse but it's worth it in the end, so very well done for keeping your nerve :) Have a wonderful day and take care, Esperanza

Incredible, inspirational, beautiful.

xxx

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service