30 Bananas a Day!

Hi folks, 

recently more and more people have been telling me that I'm too thin. My mother in law actually tried to force-feed me with cooked animals (!) when she was here the other day. I'm about 5 foot 4 inches (166 cm) tall and weigh 112 pounds (51 kg) and do not consider myself too thin but rather a healthy weight. I feel good in my skin, wouldn't mind a bit more toning up but I'm working on that. 

Have anyone of you had such comments? Is it just the wrong mindset of a society of more and more obese people who think, that when your collar bone shows, that's a sure sign you're anorexic? How do you react to such comments? 

Lots of love, xox

Steffi

Views: 2220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lol, sounds like their conscience is bothering them. 

exactly! the ones living on chicken and eggs in the believe HIGH PROTEIN will make them lose weight. Oh well, haven't we all been there? Me at least having tried every diet on the planet until the dukan diet literally made me sick! 

exactly... :) I sometimes hint that i may start talking about what i see wrong/going on about them and that usually shuts them up really fast and they never bring up the topic again lol... they are from then onwards scared of the topic and keep away from it and are way more respectful... :) They may even ask for advice later on! :)

The average SAD eater is not going to understand the lean, thin LFHC raw vegan. Don't let ignorance bother you. You could politely explain how healthy you are and why it is good for the planet, people and animals. :)

having an iron deficiency could very well mean your not eating enough! ARE YOU EATING AT LEAST 2500 CALORIES A DAY?

As I said: the other doctor didn't find any defficiency whatsoever. Acutally he said, I couldn't be healthier - what more to say? :-) 2500 is my absolut minimum on days I don't work out. Usually it's more like 3500, try to compensate with steamed rice since I can't always make it on fruit alone. 

It doesn't sound like you're underweight for your height, so I'm guessing that it's probably people just adjusting to the fact that you have lost weight and are thinner now than you were previously.  You can say something like "since most people in our culture are overweight, it does look a little disconcerting to see someone at a healthy, slender weight, but all the facts point to a lean body as being much healthier than a plump one." 

EXACTLY...people always do that when they feel uncomfortable about themselves.

At the same time, she can't believe I down 8-10 big bananas for breakfast. „I can't even eat one“, is what she says. Once I stayed overnight at her place and my hubby prepared breakfast for me (such a gent!): 2 mangoes, 4 bananas and a pound of strawberries. She was really upset like: „Steffi's not going to eat all that fruit, don't cut it, it won't stay fresh“. Well, I finished the bowl in 10 minutes while she ate her toasts smothered in butter :-) 

You'd down that much in just 10 min.? That's one of my hurdens I've somehow to solve. I'm a sloooow eater, it takes me currently 10 min. for just one (big) banana. No good for the amounts I'm aiming at. :-D

Oh, the bananas just go down! LOVE THEM! :-) although eating slowly is considered being healthier, so hang in there

God, I get this ALL THE TIME. But mostly from people who pretend to be concerned, but then *hint hint* ask me "what my secret is." Or from my family, as usual, the classic worrywarts in anyone's life. I think your weight and height sound just right. Emphasize how you feel and your performance on this diet, and that all natural, healthy bodies are different and beautiful.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Bryant Sullivan replied to Jordyn 's discussion EVOLUTION
4 minutes ago
Andi Stone and Amenda Nicole are now friends
25 minutes ago
ednshell replied to Future Unlimited's discussion Is it stupid to put fillings in children's mouths when the child will grow and the filling won't?
26 minutes ago
Dr Joberry Sweet replied to ♥ AimeeLovesYou's discussion Spring Into Action! Log your training here :)
32 minutes ago
Maddie M joined Michel's group
36 minutes ago
AJG replied to AJG's discussion Cincinnati/Dayton Area Fruit Bats in the group Ohio 80-10-10'ers
42 minutes ago
MistyRaw replied to Bite Size Vegan's discussion 10lbs of Lettuce in One Sitting?! What I Eat In a Day
47 minutes ago
Irlanda Bórquez Estrada replied to Future Unlimited's discussion Is it stupid to put fillings in children's mouths when the child will grow and the filling won't?
1 hour ago
Peter replied to Bite Size Vegan's discussion 10lbs of Lettuce in One Sitting?! What I Eat In a Day
1 hour ago
ves lauder posted a status
"what to do with low blood sugar ? i am low fat but th emore fruit i eat the worse i get?"
1 hour ago
Profile IconValheru and Curtis Wilson joined Aeri Rose's group
1 hour ago
Valheru replied to Bite Size Vegan's discussion 10lbs of Lettuce in One Sitting?! What I Eat In a Day
1 hour ago
Profile IconCurtis Wilson, Zeni Wong and Rachel Green joined Marina's group
1 hour ago
Curtis Wilson joined Ann Gunn's group
1 hour ago
Curtis Wilson joined BananaJoe's group
1 hour ago
Gia replied to Miss Orange's discussion Kicked out of school for being vegan
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service