30 Bananas a Day!

To all Norwegians out there that are vegans for health reasons

Hi,
I have made bad experiences with Norwegian Facebook groups about veganism who are not interested in the health aspect of veganism at all. I am sick of the glorification of vegan junk food and high fat recipes.

So I started a Norwegian Facebook group "vegan for helsa - menneske, dry, miljø".
https://www.facebook.com/groups/510070969120891/
Would love to have more members to share all about healthy vegan diets, raw, rawtill4, 801010.

I hope this is ok to promote my own Facebook group. But I think the conditions in Norway are very special for vegans (in a negative way) and it would be great to be able to discuss specific topics like the availability (or lack thereof) of foods and fruits. To see pictures of meals people prepare that are actually available here and so on.

If it's not ok, feel free to remove this, I meant no harm :)

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! Thank you for this group! I just joined! :*

While I can't view the page, I'm fine with the concept of sharing, Christine. 

Many of us here network through multiple platforms, so the more the healthy vegan message gets out, the merrier it is.

You can also post in here:

http://www.30bananasaday.com/group/811-norway

That's tough for me to comprehend that there can be so many vegans who find health irrelevant.  Speaking personally, that's all I cared about initially.  It wasn't until later that ethics became just as strong a supporting reason for this lifestyle.  

But it must be a common ailment.  I've seen enough veg recipes in magazines to know that not much differentiates between them and omnivorous versions other than the exclusion of animal products.  Oil especially seems to be treated more a one of the food groups than something to be questioned and avoided.  

So I do hope your contributions can help your country people at home and abroad to begin to emphasize a whole foods veg approach.  

So true about the recipes, WL. But I have to confess that that is the path I started on- trying to eat so-called gourmet vegan designed to taste almost "meaty". Rather defeated any gains I might have been making health-wise!

Good Luck to you, Christine.

S.

Make it vegan and healthy, not vegan for health.. cause there's no such thing.

I prefer "vegan for health", because "vegan and healthy" sounds as if normally being vegan and being healthy should be a contradiction???

vegan for health contradicts what vegan means.. you're not vegan for health, you're a HCLFLP plant-based eater for health.

There are terms 'dietary vegan' and 'ethical vegan', according to wikipedia at least.

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Manuel left a comment for The Raw Monkey
3 hours ago
Leez Road left a comment for The Raw Monkey
3 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
17 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
""The Retail Bubble Has Now Burst": A Record 8,640 Stores Are Closing In 2017 #awakening #peace #truth #light #now http://bit.ly/2oWhH7u"
18 hours ago
Juicylicious is now friends with Dhamma Will, Jara Portela Hernández and Rahel
yesterday
Ellen Cherry replied to Ellen Cherry's discussion Support on raw vegan (HCLF) to heal skin
yesterday
Autumn replied to Ellen Cherry's discussion Support on raw vegan (HCLF) to heal skin
yesterday
Sultana is now friends with Lauri Merlo Rizzi and Eevee Bae
yesterday
Dean Fischer posted a video

Diabetes & Sugar Part 3: Study comparison of diets

In this video we wil examine which diet is the best for treating diabetes. The diet recommendet by the American Dietetics Association or a whole-foods plant-...
yesterday
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

What the Health Review

What the Health is an awesome documentary that sheds light on many health myths. A wide reaching film that is a winner in my book for sure. This film gets fo...
yesterday
Ben Trovato posted a video

Sierra Club Questions Allan Savory in 2017 Cover Story

The official magazine of the Sierra Club ran a cover story headline entitled, "Cows will save the planet... Or Not (you decide)" - this article included an i...
yesterday
Autumn is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
PL replied to CoconutJuice's discussion How much Vitamin D is enough?
Friday
Peter joined Fruiteus Maximus's group
Friday
Peter posted a status
"I should put my glasses on ,hope it makes sense"
Friday
Peter posted a status
"Thrse delicate cteaturrs came in the mail.,green lacewings.the adults (pictured)eat necter and pollen,the nymphs are fruit pest predators"
Friday

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service